100k tuneup and mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
I have used Amsoil for 15 years, I like it in the tranny and diffs.I do you it in the motor also, but I change it more than there recommendation. I haven't used there coolant yet. Way too much money.
Everyone will have there preferences on Oil's and parts. So pick your poison lol
I haven't been dealing with the LS motor that long, but have done extensive research on them and I haven't heard or seen and timing chain or sprockets wear out. Not like the old 350 chevy's did. But if you are in there for any reason I would do them and the oil pump.
The transfer case takes a special oil ,In Canada the transfer case oil is only available at the dealer.When I get a new used vehicle I change all the fluids. when I do the tranny I drop the pan change filter then fill. Before I start it I take off a tranny cooler line to flush out the torque converter, lines and cooler.(only run for less than a min or untill fluid looks clean)
brake parts you can read 15 different threads. don't buy cheep. If you are in the snow belt buy zinc coated rotors and good pads, there are lots to choose from.
I stayed with the GM belts. reasonably priced and last a long time. but again lots to choose from.
Just don't buy Cheep parts and you can't go wrong and most people will agree with that.
Didn't mean to have such a long answer, OOOPS hope it helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2006Duramax