165 miles and I got a service 4WD message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, we actually tested that scenario again. We turned the car off in 4auto and put it on. Well the problem didn't happen again. If it happens again I will open a case with GM.
No I said use in 4wd and before you turned off put back in 2wd. And make sure is in 2wd. And after you start the car put back in 4wd, works for me or maybe I'm lucky enough.
I have 300 + miles after last reset use every time.

OP
OP
DocHolliday

DocHolliday

Reaction score
No I said use in 4wd and before you turned off put back in 2wd. And make sure is in 2wd. And after you start the car put back in 4wd, works for me or maybe I'm lucky enough.
I have 300 + miles after last reset use every time.

Seems like a real hassle to have to remember to put in back into 2WD every time you turn the car off.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like a real hassle to have to remember to put in back into 2WD every time you turn the car off.
But just give sometime to Toledo guys this way have solve forever.
[emoji41] [emoji106] [emoji574]
We should not be in this situation in the first place,Yukon people don't deserve this hassle.

Last edited:

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I said, I tested this exact scenario with the dealer and it did not happen. I also have shut down my engine on Auto twice myself and it didn't happen anymore. Whatever they did to reset the computer seemed to have rectified it... for now.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It come up again,this is getting bad now,I don't use long time and today was raining hard and I have to meet a customer in very difficult area. I use and boom, service 4wd.
91f3e79a6ba738d0b63454c8662d08b4.jpg
<br/>

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TIP:*Reprogramming the TCCM on any vehicles built on or after September 7, 2014 will not correct any conditions. Follow the appropriate Service Information for the stored DTCs.

OP
OP
DocHolliday

DocHolliday

Reaction score
I just picked up my new LTZ yesterday. I love the retractable running boards and the new wheels, but haven't had the opportunity to run it in auto as yet. Mine was build in mid September so I have fingers crossed that it will be fine. Was happy that GM bought the original one back and stepped up to the challenge.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my new LTZ yesterday. I love the retractable running boards and the new wheels, but haven't had the opportunity to run it in auto as yet. Mine was build in mid September so I have fingers crossed that it will be fine. Was happy that GM bought the original one back and stepped up to the challenge.

Let us know where you up to.

:hmmm2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimxms