165 miles and I got a service 4WD message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liners

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
me too

Same thing happened to my 2015 SLT with 250 miles. Took it to the dealer....they claim the 4WD had to be re-calibrated after they did the transfer case recall programming. The light has not come back on since. hope this helps

OP
OP
DocHolliday

DocHolliday

Reaction score
Same thing happened to my 2015 SLT with 250 miles. Took it to the dealer....they claim the 4WD had to be re-calibrated after they did the transfer case recall programming. The light has not come back on since. hope this helps

How many miles do you have on it now?

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015?

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

In your gm owner center you will find this message:
Recall Title:

UNWANTED TRANSFER CASE SHIFT TO NEUTRAL

Recall Description:

General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2014 model year Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 vehicles, and 2015 model year Chevrolet Silverado, Suburban and Tahoe and GMC Sierra, Yukon and Yukon XL vehicles equipped with Automatic Transfer Case (Option Code NQH). Some of these vehicles have a condition in which an electric signal short may cause the active transfer case to switch to neutral without operator input. The transfer case mode selection knob would still indicate the last selected drive mode, and the driver will not have any feedback that the transfer case is in neutral.

Safety Risk Description:

If the transfer case switches to neutral while the vehicle is in motion, the customer would experience loss of motive power, which could increase the risk of a crash. If the vehicle is parked, the vehicle could exhibit unintended motion if the parking brake is not set, which could also increase the risk of a crash.

Repair Description:

Dealers will re-program software in the Transfer Case Control Module.

malones99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed that when I bought my Tahoe that they did the transmission recall. They put a sticker in the engine compartment, verifying the recall. Just an FYI.

OP
OP
DocHolliday

DocHolliday

Reaction score
I have a 2015, given it was in the shop last week I would have assumed they would have done the ref lash or whatever to the transfer case. I'll look for the sticker as indicated.

The sales manager has been great, he's actually sending someone with a loaner to my office tomorrow to pick up the truck and leave me the loaner to reduce my inconvenience of driving to him. Can't ask for much more than that.

whoseanthony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015, given it was in the shop last week I would have assumed they would have done the ref lash or whatever to the transfer case. I'll look for the sticker as indicated.

The sales manager has been great, he's actually sending someone with a loaner to my office tomorrow to pick up the truck and leave me the loaner to reduce my inconvenience of driving to him. Can't ask for much more than that.

That's how service should be on a $60K+ vehicle.

OP
OP
DocHolliday

DocHolliday

Reaction score
They are working with GM engineering at this point and will let me know. As promised a driver showed up at my office today to swap my truck for a loaner, a LTZ Tahoe same color as mine as a loaner so nothing to complain about at this point. Really impressed with the service.