1993 2 door Blazer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OBS_Alex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I’m a huge fan of build threads and bummed that forums are dying out which means there’s less of them but oh well. Here’s mine.

1993 2 door Blazer I just picked up. I’ve had tons of OBS trucks over the years but never a 2 door 4x4.

Overall goals are a lift, wheels and tires, paint and interior (I know right?)

For now, I’m trying to make it a reliable daily driver. Currently chasing a code 43, which is causing some drive ability issues. Anyway here’s some photos. (Don't judge my lawn, my landscaper was sick)

IMG_2813.jpeg
IMG_2814.jpeg

Interior is super dirty and stained but very complete so I’ll take care of that once I got SES light taken care of.

IMG_2819.jpegIMG_2820.jpeg

And this last pic just for kicks.

IMG_2803.jpeg

Last edited:

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I’m a huge fan of build threads and bummed that forums are dying out which means there’s less of them but oh well. Here’s mine.

1993 2 door Blazer I just picked up. I’ve had tons of OBS trucks over the years but never a 2 door 4x4.

Overall goals are a lift, wheels and tires, paint and interior (I know right?)

For now, I’m trying to make it a reliable daily driver. Currently chasing a code 43, which is causing some drive ability issues. Anyway here’s some photos. (Don't judge my lawn, my landscaper was sick)

View attachment 434111
View attachment 434112

Interior is super dirty and stained but very complete so I’ll take care of that once I got SES light taken care of.

View attachment 434113View attachment 434114

And this last pic just for kicks.

View attachment 434115
Nice Tahoe bud! Like the rims too!
(I got the same set lol)
These obs trucks don’t like offset to clear 14 wides on 35s/37s you’ll need atleast a 9” lift maybe a body lift on top of that to clear full lock then your front end will be hating life. Kryptonite makes some super beefy suspension parts for these trucks I would recommend checking it out. My buddy did the ac delco and moog route and was swapping tie rods and ball joints every 6 month!

OP
OP
O

OBS_Alex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice Tahoe bud! Like the rims too!
(I got the same set lol)
These obs trucks don’t like offset to clear 14 wides on 35s/37s you’ll need atleast a 9” lift maybe a body lift on top of that to clear full lock then your front end will be hating life. Kryptonite makes some super beefy suspension parts for these trucks I would recommend checking it out. My buddy did the ac delco and moog route and was swapping tie rods and ball joints every 6 month!

Thanks man! Yeah they’re 24x12 so hopefully little better on the suspension but no worries. Planning on going down to a 33 maybe a 35 instead of these 37s I have on them.

I’ll check out krpytonite!

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Thanks man! Yeah they’re 24x12 so hopefully little better on the suspension but no worries. Planning on going down to a 33 maybe a 35 instead of these 37s I have on them.

I’ll check out krpytonite!
12 wides you should be fine with 35s-37s with 6-8” of lift

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Nice find!

This Forum is NOT dying out or going away, because we are serious truck owners and don't tolerate any of the Facebook/X nonsense.

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Alex, nice blazer, I had a white 93 blazer back in 2000. Was my favorite truck.
Which lift kit did you buy? I literally just finished installing my Rough Country 6” lift last week all by myself in my RV space. Regardless of what you see and read on YouTube, it take a lot longer than 8-10hrs. Stubborn bolts, rusty fasteners, not having the right tool, ect. Are you doing it yourself?

OP
OP
O

OBS_Alex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Alex, nice blazer, I had a white 93 blazer back in 2000. Was my favorite truck.
Which lift kit did you buy? I literally just finished installing my Rough Country 6” lift last week all by myself in my RV space. Regardless of what you see and read on YouTube, it take a lot longer than 8-10hrs. Stubborn bolts, rusty fasteners, not having the right tool, ect. Are you doing it yourself?

I bought the same, the rough country 6".

Haha yeah I did a 7" lift on my 2017 Silverado by myself but I had access to a lift. Still took me a full Saturday and Sunday.

So I don't think I'll be doing it this time around, just to save myself the time and headache.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beniskickbutt

Latest posts