1997 Tahoe No Start P1351

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsleeper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello , I have been reading and searching here for a while but I cannot find what I need today so this is my first post. Thanks for all of the great information shared here.

Ok here is the issue. Several weeks ago I repalced plugs rotor cap wires (all ac delco as recommended here)(no issues prior just needed a tune up) and it ran like a new truck until last week. I got gas and a day or so later it started stumbling on acceleration but would cruise ok idle fine. I figured bad fuel so I filled it with premium fuel and added a bottle of BG 44k to see if I could clear it up. No change it only got worse.

Next it was getting difficult to start and stumbling falling on its face upon even the slightest acceleration over idle and at that point I parked it and started to look further into the problem. I also changed the fuel filter filter and No Joy now it wont even start.

Before all of this I was getting a O2 code but I attributed that to the 6 month old Flowmaster catback system... Now I am getting P1351 Manufature Control System or misfire with the key in the on position and no start?? Any Ideas? Thanks for the help and sorry for the long post.

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check fuel pressure since that is easy. Possible fuel pump failure.

OP
OP
jsleeper

jsleeper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies gpracer 1 and Phone Man I did not setup my posts to e-mail me when I had a reply. I printed out the steps to check for a bad ICM and I am leaning towards the fuel pump. I tested my fuel pressure and I got no pressure with the key in the on position. I saw between 40-55 while turning over the engine but as soon as I let off of the key it went to zero.

owner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree this sounds like a leak in the fuel system, keep testing and find that leak!

chevyboy831

Reaction score
the leak is internal to the fuel pump. it has a one way valve built into the pump, thats why it bleeds off. time for a fuel pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkmarius