2 door tahoe/blazer/yukon if you got one show it off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

discofever

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
HOLY CRAP!!!! That's nice brotha. How do you like yours? Might sound like a dump question, but mine's a bucket of bolts.

Mike ((P))

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I love mine. It has the typical Hoe issues (an occasional random fluid leak, whining fuel pump, 10 miles to the gallon), but otherwise it's pretty mint.

discofever

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I go back and forth on selling it or not. This forum has given me a renewed appreciation though. I love how no one else has one.

I've replaced the alternator, radiator, fuel pump twice, the rear diff sounded like a cement mixer so I replaced that with a 97 diff. Sucks it wasn't the same year, but this new diff only had 78K miles. Replaced the tranny and engine 6 months apart. Still needs a new transfercase
We have a love/hate relationship.

Do you have a problem with rust being on the east?

Last edited:

Mike ((P))

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It seems to me that you either get one that constantly needs work or one that doesn't. There's not much in between. I've had to replace the brakes so far, but my fuel pump has been whining pretty hard the last couple weeks. However, it only has 90,000 gently used miles and shows no rust above or beneath. Upstate, NY winters have been fairly mild over the last 10 years with most burbs using sand instead of salt. I've never seen a Sport in metallic gray like mine and get a lot of compliments because of it. I'd keep yours if it was me though. Especially with all you have invested.

EpicRasta

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey guys, i have a 1994 2dr which has the factory solar mirror tint. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it?? I'd rather it be black tint. Should i try to remove it? Or replace the entire window??

discofever

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It seems to me that you either get one that constantly needs work or one that doesn't. There's not much in between. I've had to replace the brakes so far, but my fuel pump has been whining pretty hard the last couple weeks. However, it only has 90,000 gently used miles and shows no rust above or beneath. Upstate, NY winters have been fairly mild over the last 10 years with most burbs using sand instead of salt. I've never seen a Sport in metallic gray like mine and get a lot of compliments because of it. I'd keep yours if it was me though. Especially with all you have invested.

If I can get 7K for it, I'd sell it. But I would need to find a real big Tahoe enthusiast.
I looked up the production numbers about 3 years ago. It said of all the Tahoe's produced in 99, only 4% or 9% were 2dr models. If you do the math, an even smaller percent are the sport models and Z71. The chances of you finding one in your area are even slimmer! I think we got a great find!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dap365