2 problems came today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
First of all, I got out of school and the Tahoe wouldn't start. It was just shot. Which is weird, because it has a month-old Optima Yellowtop battery. I took it by an auto parts store and they found my battery and alternator to be good, however there is a 37-amp draw running on the vehicle that drained it over the school day. Any thoughts?

Also, the liftgate button on the overhead panel doesn't illuminate. It works, but just doesn't light up. Suggestions?

Thanks guys.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what it could be! I wonder if it somehow fits the recall for the ones that had computers staying on after turning the truck off. But then again those are only 2007's if I remember right,

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know how the lift gate panel works on yours but is it possible that the bulb just burned out? You hear anything whirring or humming after you turn your truck off and let it sit for a few? Might be worth a shot to find whats draining your battery

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's definitely worth that shot but I listened and didn't hear anything at all. I guess the dealer will have to look at for me.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thing its still under warranty. ( I assume) Let us know what they find, if anything

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Sure your just not having that notorious battery rundown issue that requires reflashing/reprogramming the ECM?

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sure your just not having that notorious battery rundown issue that requires reflashing/reprogramming the ECM?

I'm kinda hoping so, that way the dealers will fix it. But like I said, I thought that was only for 07 models?

kdawg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So any update? Curious if the dealer found anything as many seem to be having this random battery discharge issue...

fixxxer88

Reaction score
37 AMP DRAW!?!? wow, it sounds like you have a serious short some where! are you sure it wasnt a 3.7 amp draw?

Check any aftermarket equipment you may have...i.e. stereos, head units, amps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968