2 problems came today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think people are reading the other posts regarding this same problem. There is a technical service bulletin for this so take it into the dealer to make sure your truck has had this done. Also you should be under warranty still unless it is high mileage vehicle.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think people are reading the other posts regarding this same problem. There is a technical service bulletin for this so take it into the dealer to make sure your truck has had this done. Also you should be under warranty still unless it is high mileage vehicle.

I HAVE read the other posts about it, the recall is for 2007 models which mine clearly does NOT fall under since it's a 2008.

As for whoever asked about any updates on my situation - no. It hasn't died lately so I haven't taken it to the dealer. I don't see the need to.

m332is

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My draw down problem on my 08 Denali was a pinched wire in the RR door that was freaking out some module and resettign all my HVAC and radio settings. It would drain the battery in no time.

Since it has been fixed, knock on wood, no problems.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's good. If mine drains again then I will take it by the dealer. This issue seemed to coincide with the liftgate button right after I installed my LED interior lights...but they shouldn't draw 37 amps right??

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I HAVE read the other posts about it, the recall is for 2007 models which mine clearly does NOT fall under since it's a 2008.

As for whoever asked about any updates on my situation - no. It hasn't died lately so I haven't taken it to the dealer. I don't see the need to.

The TSB includes 2008 models so check with dealer. BTW I was not calling you out, it just seems like people are having similar issues (not just electrical) and asking the same questions without looking at recent posts.

However, if you think it is related to your recent install then you should troubleshoot that first. Yeah 30+ amperage draw for lights is a lot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh okay. You were the first to inform me that 2008 is under the recall, which is a good piece of info haha so thanks. Just excuse my posts like that, I have my bad days.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
..... seems like people are having similar issues (not just electrical) and asking the same questions without looking at recent posts.

:Handshake:
This statement is beyond true, understand this is a forum but come on, some on here just sit and ask questions w/o looking, or contributing to anything!!
Not calling anyone out, just saying, now back to the topic......:party33:

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
even though it hasn't happened lately, if it's got a recall or update allowable, get it done. It will happen again at the worst time if you wait.

Good luck.

bjc7jr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm seein some rundown issues after I installed the Led's. I did the 9 smt led festoons from superbrightleds. I wonder why.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968