2003 Tahoe 5.3 Turbo Build to come, but a few questions first...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJACK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks like I'm headed for the turbo route as well. Very interested in the on3 performance kit, looks like great bang for buck.

ulakovic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought these flanges from Summit this weekend to build my own turbo headers. Anyone have any good links to people that have done this so I can see if there's any special reason I should do something different than the way I plan on doing this?

Here are the flanges I purchased...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-670193/overview/make/chevrolet

What is the way you plan on doing it? Building a header or log manifold, single or twins, need more info to find pictures to compare for you.

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would love to turbo my wifes Yukon... probably won't ever happen though, so I will just watch this build and dream.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone bought that on3 kit , for the base fee of 1800? does it have all you need?
did it smoke your trans? how much a pain to install?

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perferomanceteucks.net the forced induction section has all the answers you are looking for.
There is a complete thread detailing the on3 install.

You need alot more than the 1800 kit and yess. Lol *** yess it will smoke a 4l60 trans.
You will need larger injectors, fuel pump, boost guage, wide band, obviously a tune imediatly, welding up a connection to your catback, adjustment to yout AC lines, protecting hoses and spark plug wires from the heat and alot more, turbo kits are not plug and play.
They can be finicky bitchs and can nickel and dime you to death.

If you need to ask these question you are not ready flr a turbo.
Do ALOT more research. You need to understand how the entire system works and how to diagnose problems.

If thats to much but you want boost. Go with a simple blower. Its plug and play and has almost no issues ever.

DJACK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have a link to the complete on3 install?

I'm pretty sure I'm ready and realistic for it. I've beefed up my transmission already, and my suspension is next. After that I'm looking for a power adder.

I have a blower on my CTS V and the gas mileage is awful. While I understand adding a turbo won't be great for my mileage, a turbo should be more efficient and not as thirsty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkmarius