2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If standalone weren't so damn expensive and didn't require new gauges I'd do it. I'm surprised you haven't yet.

its getting there, making the engine run is the easy part. making all the other crap work is the hard/expensive part. im thinking the easiest way to accomplish it is to trick the stock ecm into thinking its still running the engine. some of the signals you cant just split tho so you need to use outputs from the aftermarket to drive the inputs on the stock ecm. some of it you can tune out knock sensors, cam sensor, it can pretty much sit in limp mode...but needs crank signal, temp, oil, and prob a few others. on my year truck the ecm/bcm/tcm all talk. gauges over canbus i think, ac control wont work if it thinks engine temp too high, electric fan control.

ive looked into the terminator xmax with trans and dbw but there wouldnt be enough outputs to run fans/waterpump/intercooler pump/bigger fuel pump, and trick the stock ecu into thinking its working, so im into dominator ecus @$4k+

Last edited:

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
helped a friend tune a supercharged miata on ms...wasnt too bad but the plug n play harness was kinda iffy.
for a gen 4 58x ls, with trans control, still ends up being like $2800, and i think i would need to do a cable throttle body/tps/iac etc

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made a little progress I think, The rpm surge seems to be gone or diminishing by subtracting from the 4 cells from 12-16mph and 1,000-1,600 rpm. This is in the Throttle cracker airflow table.

The stalling has not gotten better yet with TC adjustments but I'm gonna keep at it.

I do also have some KR at such weird kinda low RPM areas, usually pops up between 2,200-3,400rpm despite that being the lowest area in the spark table at about 19* which ain't shit. I have been bumping up the timing 1* at a time in the middle and lower area just to see what it will take.

Heres some snipits showing fuel is good in the area of the KR and that its not making much timing anyway.
SD error.PNG Advanced in the kr range.PNG KR midrange.PNG

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you feel it? does engine hesitate? running 93?

is it otherwise a high load/wot? sometimes if it goes way rich, enough to foul the plug itll show as lean because the raw fuel cools the o2 sensor

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you feel it? does engine hesitate? running 93?

is it otherwise a high load/wot? sometimes if it goes way rich, enough to foul the plug itll show as lean because the raw fuel cools the o2 sensor

I don't feel or hear anything during that KR, it only drinks 93 with no additives. I don't think its going lean or rich it's pretty much always within 2% or better. Truck runs great IMO, smooth acceleration and besides a little bog off the line which is my poor pedal management it never seems down on power or that its misfiring.

Maybe I will pull some plugs tomorrow and see what they look like

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is theres a magic amount of KR that makes an engine explode? Is it extended periods of KR? I feel a basic NA motor should be able to handle a fair amount

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Austin19