2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if youre not hearing it, feeling it, and not blowing black smoke i wouldnt been too concerned.

i spark knocked the shit out of my few engines while/when learning to tune

data logging most stock tunes show 3-4* of retard pretty regularly

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if youre not hearing it, feeling it, and not blowing black smoke i wouldnt been too concerned.

i spark knocked the shit out of my few engines while/when learning to tune

data logging most stock tunes show 3-4* of retard pretty regularly

Oh wow 3-4*on a stock tune that sounds terrible lol. It does emit a little black smoke on the shifts but that's about it. I might desensitize a tad and try adding some timing else where. Never more than 1*at a time. Idk how much is considered a lot for a basic engine but I know I have close to 27*in my buddies 408 Denali and it has no KR.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Struggled all weekend making no progress adjusting the Throttle Cracker table. A few times I'd go somewhere and it would stall then I'd get someplace else and stall twice before I got out of the neighborhood. So I reverted back 15 files ago, enabled it, and started messing with the rolling idle table, this proved to make a difference! It eliminated my stalling by keeping the rpm from plummeting so far and so fast. It's kinda hard to explain because I know an auto doesn't act like this but when I'd change gear or take the trans out of gear even for the half-second of a lazy gear change the rpm would plummet so fast that I almost needed to blip the throttle and rev-match while engaging the clutch. Otherwise, it would give a usually subtle but sometimes dramatic clunk or lurch. The rolling idle seems to let the rpm drop slower which eliminates the need to rev match, although at its current settings it's a little too slow and then seems to want to hang around the 1,300 rpm mark despite the fact the "Rolling RPM" limiter is set to 800 rpm in all cells.

So proceeding from here I will lower the Rolling idle airflow adder table by 5% until I see a difference and then try something else after that if it doesn't work.
It's just really nice to have somewhat learned a new table and to have solved a few of the problems even if I made them myself from the start.

Now I need to get these UCAs in ASAP! I keep forgetting how bad the yoke rub is and I left decently quick from a light today, all because I wanted to double check some minor timing I added into the tune. Well about the time I got to 70% throttle in 2nd gear the yoke started its maniacal frame chomping and I had to let off :(

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Struggled all weekend making no progress adjusting the Throttle Cracker table. A few times I'd go somewhere and it would stall then I'd get someplace else and stall twice before I got out of the neighborhood. So I reverted back 15 files ago, enabled it, and started messing with the rolling idle table, this proved to make a difference! It eliminated my stalling by keeping the rpm from plummeting so far and so fast. It's kinda hard to explain because I know an auto doesn't act like this but when I'd change gear or take the trans out of gear even for the half-second of a lazy gear change the rpm would plummet so fast that I almost needed to blip the throttle and rev-match while engaging the clutch. Otherwise, it would give a usually subtle but sometimes dramatic clunk or lurch. The rolling idle seems to let the rpm drop slower which eliminates the need to rev match, although at its current settings it's a little too slow and then seems to want to hang around the 1,300 rpm mark despite the fact the "Rolling RPM" limiter is set to 800 rpm in all cells.

So proceeding from here I will lower the Rolling idle airflow adder table by 5% until I see a difference and then try something else after that if it doesn't work.
It's just really nice to have somewhat learned a new table and to have solved a few of the problems even if I made them myself from the start.

Now I need to get these UCAs in ASAP! I keep forgetting how bad the yoke rub is and I left decently quick from a light today, all because I wanted to double check some minor timing I added into the tune. Well about the time I got to 70% throttle in 2nd gear the yoke started its maniacal frame chomping and I had to let off :(

giphy.gif

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ol' yoke-stroker Dan in the house...

What if it had a 408 stroker in it causing the yoke to stroke. It would be like a 3 way because the yoke would be getting stroked while also stroking, kinda like the human centipede but with yokes and strokes.

Wait….I don’t get that yoke..

I see what you did there.

Gracias senior

Hells yea. Glad you're getting somewhere!

Yes but know

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DwaneM