2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of your power was being absorbed by the rear's rotation. You lose enough as it is transferring the power from one axis to the other in the rear end. I can't believe you still have functional U-joints on the pinion end.

Well, when I first swapped in the 14b it blew the conversion joint in a week. Now it has the 1410s which are massive and before the new exhaust, the over axle pipes kept it from rotating too much.

Glad I never dynoed it with the crazy axle rotation, probably would have really broken my heart.

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, when I first swapped in the 14b it blew the conversion joint in a week. Now it has the 1410s which are massive and before the new exhaust, the over axle pipes kept it from rotating too much.

Glad I never dynoed it with the crazy axle rotation, probably would have really broken my heart.

Lol at exhaust pipe torque arm. You Florida people sure know how to ruin vehicles.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well just got back from Vacation and in my rushed exit I left all the interior lights on and my HPT device hooked up with the LEDs on. Thankfully the battery was strong enough to still start! Unfortunately I think the AC is dead again :mad:.

It was a huge difference to feel quick throttle response and a sporty suspension compared to the expedition MAX we had all week in NC. While the 375 horses powars was pretty good for a stock truck the throttle response was lackluster at best and the drive aids drove me nuts!

Poor old girl was just left in tall grass, I didnt even put it in a barn before I left 20210703_171601.jpg

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This AC is driving me nuts! I was almost certain it was a tune issue again because the pressure are dead on what they should be and theres no sign of a leak anywhere. I also noticed when the AC is on the truck starts running super lean sometimes. For example, regular idle is 14.4-14.9 but it started to idle in the 17s! Then when I had it running and the AC on Looking at some other stuff I heard pressure being released suddenly so I shut the truck off and investigated. I see nowhere coolant or refrigerant were escaping but there was a noticeable cloud of what I'm nearly certain was r134 wafting away behind the truck. Still the pressures are dead on and I see nothing with the black light.

For some reason the truck just will not engage the compressor, its clearly being called on but it won't actually come on unless I manual do it with HPT special functions. It's so strange that I had these exact problems before I left for vacation but unplugging the sensors and plugging them back in worked for a week. I guess I will try that now but instead put the new AC Delco sensors in on the drier because wtf why not.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swapped sensors but the one I bought was not the sensor on the drier its the one down low near the compressor, oh well swapped it and removed and instpected the drier sensor which looks fine. The sensor I replaced does appear original to the truck so that could be the issue. Started up and AC came right on like a good boy, Pressures are 57low and 260high but its got to be 100*+ here today and the truck has been idling heat soaking like a biotch. Guess I'll let it idle a while and then go for a drive see what it do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Austin19