2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I have the AC issue figured out a little better. If I unplug and replug in the sensor on the drier the AC works fine for several days until I go above 3k rpm which it then promptly turns off and will not come on again until that sensor is fondled. So strange but the new sensor should be here Saturday.

As for the exhaust, I canceled the order of the Vibrant merge pipe and ordered some 3" pipe to make a J tube with like @Sam Harris suggested a while back. I'm fairly certain the noise that's bothering me is pure drone because outside the truck the exhaust doesn't seem that loud. Inside is a whole different animal and it's most noticeable at low RPM like 1,200-1,800 even worse when I'm lugging the poor thing around in 4th and 5th gear at low speeds. So the plan is to do an 18-20" tube directly off the over axle pipe right behind the final muffler and have it hidden in the spare tire location. Should be fairly easy since the over axle pipe has a V band so It can be removed for the cutting and welding.
Do you sell your work? Thats one fine looking illustration

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I have the AC issue figured out a little better. If I unplug and replug in the sensor on the drier the AC works fine for several days until I go above 3k rpm which it then promptly turns off and will not come on again until that sensor is fondled. So strange but the new sensor should be here Saturday.

As for the exhaust, I canceled the order of the Vibrant merge pipe and ordered some 3" pipe to make a J tube with like @Sam Harris suggested a while back. I'm fairly certain the noise that's bothering me is pure drone because outside the truck the exhaust doesn't seem that loud. Inside is a whole different animal and it's most noticeable at low RPM like 1,200-1,800 even worse when I'm lugging the poor thing around in 4th and 5th gear at low speeds. So the plan is to do an 18-20" tube directly off the over axle pipe right behind the final muffler and have it hidden in the spare tire location. Should be fairly easy since the over axle pipe has a V band so It can be removed for the cutting and welding.
Very nice Dan. Very nice. Artiste’.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You'd have to do the math to determine what length of Helmholtz chamber you'd need to attenuate the specific droning frequency. Just guessing at a length might cancel out other frequencies, making your exhaust note better or worse and do nothing for the offending frequencies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjbtn1036