2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'd have to do the math to determine what length of Helmholtz chamber you'd need to attenuate the specific droning frequency. Just guessing at a length might cancel out other frequencies, making your exhaust note better or worse and do nothing for the offending frequencies.

I was initially planning to target drone around the 2k rpm range but, it seems like it's more offensive lower than that around the 1200-1700 range and actually clear up a tad closer to 2k then gets bad again over 2,200. So I even dabbled in the idea of making 2 one short one long.

What formula did you use I've seen a few different ideas floating around.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I installed the new rear door lock actuator and it still doesn't work so I put the original in and I'll return the new one. It has nothing to do with the hatch handle, it's the actuator not having enough force to engage or disengage the lock. Right now I have it manually pushed to unlocked and the door and glass both work fine but it cannot lock. If I manually push it into the locked position it will not have the power to unlock it. It seems to me there is to much resistance in the plastic/metal lock slide I circled in this picture. I lubed them up but still no luck. I may file down the edges of the plastic doodad to see if that helps.

I did get the new AC pressure sensor in and the AC has worked so far. Tomorrow is rear diff gasket.

Attachments

• 20210710_201924.jpg
    20210710_201924.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 4

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So I installed the new rear door lock actuator and it still doesn't work so I put the original in and I'll return the new one. It has nothing to do with the hatch handle, it's the actuator not having enough force to engage or disengage the lock. Right now I have it manually pushed to unlocked and the door and glass both work fine but it cannot lock. If I manually push it into the locked position it will not have the power to unlock it. It seems to me there is to much resistance in the plastic/metal lock slide I circled in this picture. I lubed them up but still no luck. I may file down the edges of the plastic doodad to see if that helps.

I did get the new AC pressure sensor in and the AC has worked so far. Tomorrow is rear diff gasket.
200-1.gif

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Knocked out the rear end seal this morning. It went super quick especially since all the allen head cover bolts were finger loose again. I threw those in the trash and replaced them with some nice SS Flange head hex bolts kept in with red loctite along with the lube locker gasket @Rocket Man raves about.

No leaks so far, the G80 is still looking good, no damage on the ring, pinion or spider gears despite only about a half a qt come out when I drained it. Luckily it just started leaking that bad a few days ago so I don't think I hurt anything.
20210711_103509.jpg20210711_122152(0).jpg

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knocked out the rear end seal this morning. It went super quick especially since all the allen head cover bolts were finger loose again. I threw those in the trash and replaced them with some nice SS Flange head hex bolts kept in with red loctite along with the lube locker gasket @Rocket Man raves about.

No leaks so far, the G80 is still looking good, no damage on the ring, pinion or spider gears despite only about a half a qt come out when I drained it. Luckily it just started leaking that bad a few days ago so I don't think I hurt anything.
View attachment 344586View attachment 344588
I just pulled my trans pan and reinstalled it, reusing the LubeLocker gasket. You couldn’t even tell looking at the gasket it had been used once. No leaks still.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great under there. Like the powder coating
Thanks I spent almost as long pressure washing as I did resealing it. Considering sending the over axle pipe off to get powdered black after I play around with the j pipe.
I just pulled my trans pan and reinstalled it, reusing the LubeLocker gasket. You couldn’t even tell looking at the gasket it had been used once. No leaks still.
I believe it , I was very impressed with its quality as well as their packaging. Thank you for the suggestion I'm planning to use them on everything if I can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vit-silvian