2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was initially planning to target drone around the 2k rpm range but, it seems like it's more offensive lower than that around the 1200-1700 range and actually clear up a tad closer to 2k then gets bad again over 2,200. So I even dabbled in the idea of making 2 one short one long.

What formula did you use I've seen a few different ideas floating around.

Narrow down what RPM the offending noises are worst at and use those in the formula. They'll be the target/center. Surrounding frequencies above and below the center will be affected as well, though.

If you wanna geek out, this is a great video that explains the science as well as the formula:

If @Sam Harris can do it, then surely you can.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Narrow down what RPM the offending noises are worst at and use those in the formula. They'll be the target/center. Surrounding frequencies above and below the center will be affected as well, though.

If you wanna geek out, this is a great video that explains the science as well as the formula:

Truth!

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Uhg not that video again! I remember seeing that goober looking dude before, I will watch that tomorrow and take notes because I see graphs and science that's above my comprehension at this moment.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uhg not that video again! I remember seeing that goober looking dude before, I will watch that tomorrow and take notes because I see graphs and science that's above my comprehension at this moment.

Lol

In school, I was all about science but never was into math. I'm still not into math, but once I'm actually into it due to the context, I find it to be fun and rewarding. I was actually a little bummed that I didn't have any exhaust notes to fix after doing mine! I had to nerd out vicariously through Sam.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Lol

In school, I was all about science but never was into math. I'm still not into math, but once I'm actually into it due to the context, I find it to be fun and rewarding. I was actually a little bummed that I didn't have any exhaust notes to fix after doing mine! I had to nerd out vicariously through Sam.

So let me ask you this if someone straight piped their truck and decided to just make multiple J tubes of different lengths would it be tame enough to drive or does it only effect the drone persay?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cmfarr21