2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ******* that comment all up. Fixed now. I guess I was still asleep
I hope you didn't drive to work that fahqed up
Get a higher stall clutch
I'll just command idle to 1,750, put in 7.17 gears and, eliminate 4th and 5th gear.

So on the real real, using that goobers calculator if I'm trying to eliminate drone around 1,500rpm with a V8 assuming around 350* exhaust temp I would need a J pipe 42" long! That's like 40" longer than I'm used to handling and I don't know if I ordered enough for that. I will use the app he suggested later and check what frequency I get, I was really hoping to do a pipe more like 2foot or less.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you didn't drive to work that fahqed up

I'll just command idle to 1,750, put in 7.17 gears and, eliminate 4th and 5th gear.

So on the real real, using that goobers calculator if I'm trying to eliminate drone around 1,500rpm with a V8 assuming around 350* exhaust temp I would need a J pipe 42" long! That's like 40" longer than I'm used to handling and I don't know if I ordered enough for that. I will use the app he suggested later and check what frequency I get, I was really hoping to do a pipe more like 2foot or less.
thats good thinking, if the problem can be solved with tuning why change hardware

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats good thinking, if the problem can be solved with tuning why change hardware

Your right, after all, it is free just gotta peck around on the keyboard a bit. I'm amazed at how much the truck leaned out with the new exhaust. I'm seeing as much as 6-7% lean around the midrange and 3-4% up top after the exhaust change. I wonder if that's more due to the cats being gone or some scavenging magic with the dual pipes into one big ole honker. Might toss a bit more timing and see if it takes that too.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The piping for ththe J tube arrived but it's only about 32" total and I believe I need around 40-42". So I ordered another with the same bends so I have more options. Looks like I might have to hack the rest of the spare tire bracing out like I did on the passenger side so I can fit the j pipe tucked up and clean well above the frame rails like the rest of the exhaust.

Also after cleaning up the tune and smoothing the fuel table it's running damn good! It corners so well under power I really want to find some sort of amateur autoX.

Of course the tune is still doing some weird lean conditions where it suddenly goes lean at idle for seemingly no reason. Oh well the ac works mint again and I'm a happy camper for today.

20210712_190021.jpg20210712_190052.jpgScreenshot_20210712-185833_Amazon Shopping.jpg

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to see the tricks you pull off with that pipe

Ok here's an important question, do you prefer pictures of the pipe itself, maybe resting on something or laying on the ground or even just free-floating? Or do you prefer a hand gripping it? If you prefer the hand, do you like a tight grip or a looser limp grip?

Also, do you prefer an object on screen for comparison? Maybe put a tape next to it so you can really get a feel for the size?

Just over here striving for pipe picture perfection, so I can continue to please my only fans. ;)

Last edited:

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gripping, the only way. Loosely. I like to live on the edge.

Don't drop it!

Tape measure for sure. Gotta get the proper dimensions so I know your skills when you tuck it up and out of sight

I'm not your only fan...I promise;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbruton89