2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! I mean, other than that trash on the end..... ;)
That end cap was awful! I did no prep to it and didn't realize it had the nasty rubber undercoat stuff on it since I cut it out of the frame cross member. Then there were massive gaps to bridge as well since I was fitting it to the OD coupler. Just a mess all around but I ended up grinding it down and re doing a few spots until it passed the water leak test and looked nicer.

funny enough I just signed up for a welding cert course in the evenings so hopefully sooner than later I'll have actual nice welds.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just proves how much good welding is really just good prep work! Had I hit that thing with a flap disk for 30seconds before welding it would have been much better. The real cause of all this is my cordless porter cable grinder smokes when I turn it on and my corded one is on a bottom shelf so it's easier to turn up the heat and try to let it eat. Then of course fail miserably and get the corded Dewalt out anyway.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, the guy is blocking the parents view completely instead of showing it all to the parent and the kid at the same time and as parent runs up hides it again and then opens again to let parent see. "Where there is smoke, there is fire, IMO" and I am loaded for bear as I approach and gonna hit till I am 100% sure there is no threat to the kid, visual and physically.

I carry, EVERYWHERE, and that may well have been pulled and pointed too. Depends on the EXACT situation. I have only pointed once at a threat but have never fired.
I've had to fire.........what a ****** **** show. The sheriff even told me I was good (self defense) but still got charged and spent/lost 75k(legal fees, travel and lost wages) in the process to be found innocent.

So if you're serious about carrying, you need to get a carry insurance policy. I will never carry w/o a policy again.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had to fire.........what a ****** **** show. The sheriff even told me I was good (self defense) but still got charged and spent/lost 75k(legal fees, travel and lost wages) in the process to be found innocent.

So if you're serious about carrying, you need to get a carry insurance policy. I will never carry w/o a policy again.

USCCA since I got my CC license, totally worth it!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

Ever since I have had my carry permit I have had insurance. I currently use CCW Safe.

Since I still work as a self storage resident manager, I also have 3 Eugene Police that rent from me and have had police here doing K9 training on my facility. I know a bunch of the cops in my area. They know I carry and know I have insurance and know my training. They still tell me about how freakin' lenient the prosecutor's are with the criminals and how they love to come after CCW permit holders. Still would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6, any day.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ever since I have had my carry permit I have had insurance. I currently use CCW Safe.

Since I still work as a self storage resident manager, I also have 3 Eugene Police that rent from me and have had police here doing K9 training on my facility. I know a bunch of the cops in my area. They know I carry and know I have insurance and know my training. They still tell me about how freakin' lenient the prosecutor's are with the criminals and how they love to come after CCW permit holders. Still would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6, any day.
Good stuff.

Yeah the court case took me over a damn year to be cleared

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbruton89

Latest posts