2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn that’s quiet!! You probably don’t need that 6.0 anymore. Want to ship it my way..? Heck, I’ll come pick it

o_OWhoa whoa whoa that's not how this works! It would sound lame with a little sissy 5.3:rolleyes:

The good news is DJM has already shipped those LCA brackets! I'm doing a terrible job of not going past half throttle. Now I'm debating on if I should even have Tony send me the adjustable UCAs or just wait and see what happens with these brackets.

Stonefort

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too, I secretly want it even quieter so I keep telling myself that at this point the best muffler would be a T6 turbo and cast manifolds.

I literally almost wrote the exact same thing. I love the way the exhaust sounds on turbo LS motors.

On a side note, in high school in the early 2000s, one of my best friends saved up all summer for a janky turbo kit for his old acura integra. Helped him install and actually tune it! We didn't know how to data log so we used an old VHS video tape camera pointed at the tach and the wideband for datalogging. We actually had to burn the tune onto a computer chip with a special board, then transfer the chip on to the board inside the PCM for tune changes.... That car was a blast. Ran mid 13s on just street tires. I remember it had a hilariously high trap speed.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That looks much better! I prefer quieter exhausts now that I am older. Not sure what happened to me other than my tastes changed.

Me too, I secretly want it even quieter so I keep telling myself that at this point the best muffler would be a T6 turbo and cast manifolds.
You know what they say--If it's too loud, you're too old! I'm starting to feel the same tho lol. Wish mine was .ore quiet.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I literally almost wrote the exact same thing. I love the way the exhaust sounds on turbo LS motors.

On a side note, in high school in the early 2000s, one of my best friends saved up all summer for a janky turbo kit for his old acura integra. Helped him install and actually tune it! We didn't know how to data log so we used an old VHS video tape camera pointed at the tach and the wideband for datalogging. We actually had to burn the tune onto a computer chip with a special board, then transfer the chip on to the board inside the PCM for tune changes.... That car was a blast. Ran mid 13s on just street tires. I remember it had a hilariously high trap speed.
Turbos are good on everything! Those little FWD hondas can pick up some serious speed on the top end, id love to race one but owning one seems less fun.
You know what they say--If it's too loud, you're too old! I'm starting to feel the same tho lol. Wish mine was .ore quiet.
Just sell it and get a Prius

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well super pumped onthese LCA relocation brackets, they installed easy and the problem is totally gone! I can dump the clutch in first with the nose pointed up a hill and theres no banging!

Not pumped that 2 of the 4 Spohn boxed LCA bushings are torn really badly. I took a picture but my phone didn't save it fosome reason. Guess I need to order some bushings grrrr.

Also had a good helper today the bench dog.

20210623_184950.jpg20210623_184939.jpg