2005 Yukon Speedometer Not Working Perplexed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05dnlxl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2005 Yukon Denali. When I got it the oil pressure, PRNDL and speedometer didn't work. I replaced the motors for the oil pressure and speedometer and re-soldered the items associated with the PRNDL screen. Oil pressure gauge and PRNDL screen now work. The speedometer acted weird after motor replacement wouldn't align and would go past 120 and get stuck on top of the cluster trim. Removed the new speedo motor and installed a new one. Seemed active at first, and moved/aligned itself when first installed, but now the speedometer does nothing at all. I have another cluster and it works fine on all gauges so I know it's something to do with the cluster. Any ideas?

OP
OP

05dnlxl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How *** you can't just use the good cluster ?
Of course I could but it's not original its from an older model so it doesn't have the digital PRNDL and has way more miles. It's off by over 100K.

Jimmyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it has more to do with the traces than the motor. Maybe you can find a pin out and ohm the connections.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here's a snip of the full file that's attached; the PDF shows the cluster pinout. Check for pin fitment and cleanliness on both sides, especially on the cluster side since the other one works okay. Might want to examine the circuit board traces with a magnifying glass, and clean the board with some alcohol and a soft brush. These clusters are know to get something called silver migration (google it) and that can interfere with the circuits.

1722777883830.png

Attachments

• 2003-2006 Cluster Pinout.pdf
    115.3 KB · Views: 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rusty Dodge

Latest posts