2005 Yukon: The dreaded blend door question(s) - Loud behind glove box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My blend door was broken and when I took a sharp left turn the a/c would blow heat cause the door swung over.
I *THINK* if you pull the blower you can reach your hand up and feel the recirc door to see if it has unwanted movement that should help diagnose the problem a bit.

OP
OP
L

LJSeinfeld

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So this totally feels to me like something isn't where it needs to be on way or the other and air is just 'loosely' blowing around in, what appears to be, the area of the glove box
even if a blend door was going goofy, upper/lower/left/right whatever.......
there would still be airflow "somewhere" not just reduced to nothing
if this is the case it would lead me to the blower motor getting hot or blower motor resistor getting heated up reducing the power to the blower motor.
you could verify by pulling that lower actuator under the glove box and go drive or let it run for the alloted time for it to screw up and see if the air output is reduced. thru the hole
stick your hand down there and get a feel for how it is when it is working right versus when it goes goofy.
just my ...02

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The weird part is that it works fine for x amount of time. Assume some door/damper is moving somewhere and then staying in some halfway position? Hoping not to have to pull the dash, but I think that's what's next..

My battery went dead the other day and after jumping the car the air started blowing forcefully out of the vents again! A cable on my Tech-2 needs replacing or else I would have checked the system out to see what was going on computer wise.

If you pull the airbag you can see the recirc door working.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My battery went dead the other day and after jumping the car the air started blowing forcefully out of the vents again! A cable on my Tech-2 needs replacing or else I would have checked the system out to see what was going on computer wise.

If you pull the airbag you can see the recirc door working.

Replacing my actuator. I bought it for $45. My mechanic replaced it in 25 minutes, at a cost labor of $40. ( dealer?.. $140 for the actuator. $ 350.00 to replace. )

Just remove your glove box.... It's in front of you.....

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Replacing my actuator. I bought it for $45. My mechanic replaced it in 25 minutes, at a cost labor of $40. ( dealer?.. $140 for the actuator. $ 350.00 to replace. )

Just remove your glove box.... It's in front of you.....
Was it just "plug and play"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Gumbo