2006 Yukon Denali Stalling randomly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redline0165

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I own a 2006 Yukon Denali 6.0 AWD.

Recently, while driving my children to school, the engine suddenly shut off as if I had turned the key off. I managed to pull over, but the vehicle would crank without starting. Previously, I had encountered a reduced engine power and limp mode due to a failing MAF sensor, which I temporarily fixed by resetting the CEL with my code reader until I replaced the sensor. This time, without checking the codes, I reset the CEL, but the car still wouldn't start. It only cranked. However, after sitting for 10 minutes, it started and operated normally until this morning.

A week later, the same issue occurred in the same area of town. After a 10-minute wait, the vehicle started again. During the wait, I used my code reader and retrieved codes P0327 and P0332, indicating low circuit conditions for knock sensors 1 and 2.

I'm wondering if a failed knock sensor could cause the vehicle to stall?

Additionally, I'm experiencing a peculiar issue with the heated driver's seat activating randomly and a problem with the brake lights when connecting a trailer, which I thought might be related to a ground strap issue. Upon inspection, I found the ground strap from the engine block to the firewall intact, but the strap from the firewall to the hood is missing. These issues maybe a red herring and completely unrelated but I feel it necessary to say.

Separately, there are issues with the front ABS, which I believe are likely due to a wheel speed sensor, but that's a matter for another discussion.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like it might be time to do a voltage drop test on both positive and negative systems, to see if there's a faulty cable or connection in one of those. The battery cables tend to rot from the inside out; I'm not saying that's the cause but it should be checked.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup that ground strap from block to firewall can cause some havoc when it breaks or corrodes on either end. Clean both sides where the strap is terminated and install a new one. Any auto parts store will have them. Just make sure the one you get is long enough. Id start there first and check all the other fun ones. Especially the ones at the chassis just behind the firewall directly under the driver door hinge area. Those all are ground references for many of your modules. Without a good ground reference ( 0 volts) the modules get confused and dont make good decisions and can get locked up like an old PC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jocooter