2007 Chevy Tahoe Upgrade Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michael11396

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone... I just recently got a 2wd Chevy Tahoe(black) and want to spice it up a little bit with some bigger tires/moderate lift or level. Since it's just a 2wd though I don't want to throw all of my cash out on offroad accessories. I want somewhere around a level kit (2 1/2 in the front and 1 in the back) but am not sure what sort of cheap rugged looking tires I should throw on there. Not really sure where to start but I know I can definitely make this tahoe look badass. I'd love some suggestions if you have them. Been looking around on this forum for a while and figured I'd get your opinions for the cheapest but best looking upgrades.

By the way... have stock 17 inch rims at the moment. Would like to throw on the biggest tires that will fit with a little level kit.

Thanks

Zirk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMHO, any lift wheel/tire package you do on a 2wd vehicle will look...off. Cheap appears to be a recurring theme, put your money into the functional side, not the "I wish my truck was..." side.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMHO, any lift wheel/tire package you do on a 2wd vehicle will look...off. Cheap appears to be a recurring theme, put your money into the functional side, not the "I wish my truck was..." side.

This clearly is not the message shared by the rest of TYF.

Put your money into modding how you want to and making it look just like you want it to look. :waytogo:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think there's a 2" front spacer and 1" rear spacer you can get easily. This can go on a 2wd or 4wd. If you do that with some meaty tires, I think it'll look good.

Zirk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This clearly is not the message shared by the rest of TYF.

Put your money into modding how you want to and making it look just like you want it to look. :waytogo:

Sorry, in my neck of the woods, N. Idaho, such things are met with ridicule and scorn. I'll steer back into my lane. :emotions133: Drive on.

Cshayes2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, in my neck of the woods, N. Idaho, such things are met with ridicule and scorn. I'll steer back into my lane. :emotions133: Drive on.

Id say giving a 2wd tahoe or any tahoe for that fact a off road look is just a cosmetic thing, nothin wrong with a level and some tires. if you want a trail vehicle or a real off road vehicle buy a jeep or a RZR. :sorrysign:

But, to answer the question, CCM makes a great kit which most people who level their trucks use on here. Tires is totally up to you, Nittos and toyos, are popular where i live. Personally, the toyo AT II gave me the best of both worlds with a moderately aggressive look with a better than stock ride IMO. The biggest tire is usually a 33 depending on the width and if you wanna trim. I went with a 275 and got a 34, but had to cut the front fender well completely out and have some moderate cutting to do on the back side of the front fender well left after driving it around for a few months. Welcome to TYF!

Last edited:

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see lifted 2wd all the time and I personally see no difference it's the choice of look some prefer. Nothing wrong with it I say go with it

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Could not have said it better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbow555