2007 Denali Radiator Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erickbrown1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All,
I need to replace the radiator on my 2007 Denali. I’m trying to figure out which one I need. How do I determine if it has the oil cooler or trans cooler? I know it’s not both and it does have a small cooler on the front side below the bumper (factory). The part store wants to sell me one with both engine oil and transmission coolers in the radiator. Living in Arizona I don’t want to sacrifice any cooling surface area for an unused set of ports. Thanks for any insights!

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello All,
I need to replace the radiator on my 2007 Denali. I’m trying to figure out which one I need. How do I determine if it has the oil cooler or trans cooler? I know it’s not both and it does have a small cooler on the front side below the bumper (factory). The part store wants to sell me one with both engine oil and transmission coolers in the radiator. Living in Arizona I don’t want to sacrifice any cooling surface area for an unused set of ports. Thanks for any insights!
Check what's in there visually. If you have an engine oil cooler in yours, you will have lines coming out of the top and bottom of the end tank on the drivers side. The transmission cooler has lines coming out of the end tank on the pax side. That said, there is no downside to having a cooler that's not needed now. They will leave the plugs in it and you can add the cooler lines later if you wish, but simply having the coolers in the end tanks won't diminish cooling capacity at all. Also, Denso is the OEM manufacturer.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello All,
Doesn't make any difference, if you do not have a oil cooler and the radiator does there is no operational difference you just don't use those ports. Also any 34" radiator for 00-14 (1500) will fit and work, there are all the same Tahoe, suburban, Yukon, Yukon xl, Escalade, avalanche, Silverado, sierra. Maybe even hummer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap