2008 Yukon Electrical Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sonlight,

I would like to have another team look into this for you. Could you please send me your full contact information including your VIN and mileage?

Thank you

Elizabeth, GM Customer Service

ROBDOG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On my 2007 Yokon the same thing i think is happening:

Start the car fine drive it to work cut the engine and pull the key out the radio still plays....when i open the door it DOES NOT shut off the radio.

Nothing has been doon to it ...it just started a week ago
yesterday i put in a new battery because the 4-5 orignal was weak....but it still does!!

Any help
Thanks!!!

AF_Writer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 08 Tahoe and am experiencing this same issue.

It started a couple weeks ago when the battery wouldn't start. I was able to jump it, and it drove fine for a couple days, then while I was driving one day, all the electrical displays in the dash and stereo began to flicker and when I turned off the car, it wouldn't start again.

So I had it towed to the dealer, they said it was a bad battery. A week later, the same thing happened. I had it towed back to the dealer, they charged the battery and said everything looked fine. I drove it back home, turned off the car, tried to restart it and it wouldn't start again.

Same thing, I had it towed back to the dealership, and now they're saying it's starting fine for them and they can't find anything wrong with it. It really sounds like something's draining the battery when the car is off.

Have you guys got your issues resolved, and if so, what did the dealer do to correct it? I have to drive from Maryland to New Hampshire next week, and I need this car fixed asap.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AF_Writer,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Have you had your technician ride with you to see if they can recreate the issue that way?

ROBDOG,

Have you consulted with your dealership to confirm the issue?

Thank you,

AF_Writer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
AF_Writer,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Have you had your technician ride with you to see if they can recreate the issue that way?

No, I haven't thought to do that. He told me early yesterday that they'll keep it another day to see if they can find any issues, so I should be picking it up today. I tried calling in several times to find out what exactly they've tested or troubleshooted on the car, and I can't get ahold of my technician.

I want to make sure they've tested the car with a voltmeter to see if there's any drain coming when the car is turned off. Also, it sounds as if flashing the BCM has worked for some people, too.

What I haven't been able to find in all my searches on the internet, however, is a definitive solution to this problem. It sounds as if it's a widespread issue, and I just can't believe GM hasn't found a standard fix for this issue, let alone issued a recall.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AF_Writer,

I am sorry for the delay in response. I was out of the office. Did you get your vehicle back? If so, is everything fixed? The only way to issue a recall is to have documentation of the issue at the dealership. I have noticed a lot of people on the forums I monitor don’t really like visiting the dealership. So if they don’t, then that is one less person that the dealership has documentation of that is experiencing the issue.

Thank you,

amighjm6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
EXACT same issues on my 08 tahoe. i've been working at it for 8 months to find the cause...nothing yet. the dealer had it numerous times, they are clueless. anyone have any luck find a fix yet?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amighjm6,
Would you like to PM me your VIN number, mileage, and complete contact information(name, address, phone number, and email address) I would like to look further into this for you.
Breanne
GM Customer Service

rxrep

Reaction score
Hello all. Hate that my first post to forum is this. Same issue here. 2011 Denali. Bought new March 2011 with 10 miles on it. 12k now. Sometimes out of nowhere the factory NAV/Stereo will shut off and turn back on. Sometimes the gauge cluster dims and flickers. In those instances the vehicle continues to run. Sometimes the whole vehicle shuts down and the door locks lock and unlock repeatedly. It has yet to last longer than a few seconds, but it could happen in the middle of a highway at full speed.
It always seems like some sort of electrical short. Throws no codes. No predictability. No mechanic or dealer can duplicate it, of course.
Really is sad that I can't take the thing anywhere because I never know when it's going to happen.

PS- And I haven't even gotten in to the cold start noise the thing makes. Sounds like quarters in a clothes dryer. Noisiest valve tapping-like sound. But that's another issue.

Last edited:

snaward

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll add in that my 08 Denali w/ 65k miles is having the same problems. It never happens at the dealer so they don't know what to do. Other forums are reporting similar electrical symptons also.

Sounds like GM needs to step up the plate and get an expert technican/engineer to solve this issue so the dealers will know what to do when they don't get an error code.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate