2012 better years?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ABN45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I was told by a few of the Burb/Tahoe guys at truck night ( I take my Silverado out there usually) that the 2012's were one of the better years.
True or not?
The AFM were less of an issues I was told. Even tho I will be disabling it via my Diablo InTune I3 then at some point run a custom tune from Diablew.

What makes the 2012 5.3's one of the better years?

Really don't know much bout these SUV's so any other info yall can tell me that I should know by all means let me know.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
So I was told by a few of the Burb/Tahoe guys at truck night ( I take my Silverado out there usually) that the 2012's were one of the better years.
True or not?
The AFM were less of an issues I was told. Even tho I will be disabling it via my Diablo InTune I3 then at some point run a custom tune from Diablew.

Really don't know much bout these SUV's so any other info yall can tell me that I should know by all means let me know.
My man welcome to this great forum! Lots of good dudes on here!

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard of transmission updates upto 2012...
I dunno about the AFM being less of an issue vs. previous years.. Maybe a better batch of lifters for 2012?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True or not?

2012 introduced Hill Start Assist and Trailer Sway Control. The navigation unit went to a hard drive based system and you can replay live music. Better voice navigation controls, cruise control updates for towing. Yes, AFM was greatly improved by this point as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmds3