2012 Nav Map Disc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LSULAW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2007 Navi is missing a lot of newer streets in my area. The new disc is $199. Other than updating the roads, whats the difference? Do the maps looks better? I am just wondering if it's worth it. Thanks

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EDIT: I stand corrected. Sorry.

Last edited:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't change the looks, colors, graphics or software. It only changes streets.

That is actually not the case ... other than the expected street and poi updates, the later discs also include a major firmware update, which includes some color changes/improvements.

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

On a side note, for Tahoes/Yukons there is no 2012 update disc that I am aware of ... 2012 nav systems are hard drive based so the 2011 6.0c dvd is the last one.

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
On a side note, for Tahoes/Yukons there is no 2012 update disc that I am aware of ... 2012 nav systems are hard drive based so the 2011 6.0c dvd is the last one.

Would someone start a class-action lawsuit against General Motors? What a bunch of collective management dumb-asses! They can't even update a 2011 Tahoe navigation system that was designed by a bunch of morons! And they refuse to let another company release updates, too? :insane:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, even the folks over at Birthers Against Kenya Born US Presidents think Steven has a dead horse beating problem.

picture.php

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't change the looks, colors, graphics or software. It only changes streets.

But if can you get lost on your way home from work like my wife can, it's nice to have a new map every 3-4 years. I couldn't see buying it every year.

Version 4.0 has different colors too.

Fitz08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea no more 2012 sadly. its all HDD now

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, I know the 2012 use a hard drive based system, but are you guys saying that they are not going to make any more new updates for us old CD style guys?

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

That is actually not the case ... other than the expected street and poi updates, the later discs also include a major firmware update, which includes some color changes/improvements.

And I agree, when I went from my 08 disc to my 2010 disc alot of things changed.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The interesting part is that it did the firmware update when I took the 4.0 (2009) disc out of the Tahoe and put the 6.0c in ... but when I put the 4.0 back it didn't undo the firmware updates. So right now my Tahoe nav has the 2009 maps/poi but with the 2011 colors/improvements. :shrug:

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

I mention this cause if you have a bud with either a 5.0 or 6.0c disc, you can put it in the nav to update the firmaware ... you obviously won't have the latest mapping when you take it back out but you'll have a more attractive design, for free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus

Latest posts