2012 Nav Map Disc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone Order One?

I want to know what has been updated before I consider purchasing the new disc. :think:

I am mainly wondering if there is a new firmware update. I typically use my GPS or Smartphone for navigation anyhow. I won't hold my breath, but I am more looking for an updated interface. That said, I don't want to spend $199.99, plus what I can only assume will be a ridiculous shipping price, just to find out what is new.

Did anyone order one yet?

mattah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I contacted NavDisc and they said its not a firmware update just the maps.

"The disc only updates the map information and not the layout.
Each year the disc are updated with 20% more map information for the USA
and Canada. We do not have information on the exact locations that are
included in the update."

Aw man

cmblack13

Built Motor Coming! :)
Reaction score
sounds like to me google maps on my phone is a better update option at this point in time than spending 199.00 whenever I have umlimited dataplan and internet on my cell through sprint.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had it in the truck for a week now and I can confirm that the 2012 7.0 version is just a POI and mapping update.

The only firmware update happened between 2009 (4.0) and 2010 (5.0) ... meaning that any disc 5.0 and later will update navs wich previously had any disc 4.0 and earlier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus

Latest posts