2015 Tahoe LTZ hard to start when cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yogi11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem. When I start the Tahoe after sitting for 24 hours the engine cranks for about 7 to 10 seconds before it starts. After the engine is warm it start within a second or two.

Terrell2014

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yep.... Mine too, but a 2015 Yukon SLT is also pretty hesitant to start... Ihave 964 miles on it and owned less than a month. Sigh!

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have experienced the same thing. Typically on start-ups when it has been sitting over night or longer. But it's not consistent.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. It cranks over just as fast as normal... just does it for about 5 seconds longer.

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great....sounds like yet another problem that's manifesting itself now that cold weather has settled in across the country. These vehicles were never really delivered in the cold season as of yet..

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This doesn't happen with the 6.2L FWIW. It's isolated to the 5.3 it seems. I parked mine outside in 12 degree weather for 14 hours and it fired in 2 sec

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe what happens is, the ECU senses the outside temp, engine temp and lets it build more oil pressure before firing off in the cold. This way oil is where its need before the harsh cold start. This should equate to less engine wear.

OP
OP
Y

yogi11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just wanted to give an update to my problem. Over the past weekend I got an alarm on my dash showing the service engine alarm. I **** it to another dealer in my area and they tell me that the "camshaft position actuator solenoid valve" is the problem with it stating hard and also getting the engine alarm. They tell me that they won't have the part until next week and that it is a full day's job to put it in. I'm not very happy with them having to tear into the engine to replace this part. I didn't expect this kind of problem with only 1085 miles on this vehicle. Needless to say I'm not very happy with this vehicle.

kjason

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Having the same issue on my 2015i Tahoe LTZ. Wondering if the fix you mentioned above actually worked?

Last edited: