2015 V8 acceleration slow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lobsterbake

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello

We have ordered a 15 GMC Yukon and I have driven a demo twice and I don't know why but I have a hard time getting it to go. I have a 14 Cruze Diesel and it feels like a rocket compared to the Yukon. I know the Cruze is lighter but I don't get why the Yukon acts like it doesn't want to go. Anyone else had this experience? I was tempted to look into a Denali with the bigger engine but a long wait and way more $$$. I am going to be towing about 5000 lbs and a little worried about it even though specs say it will tow 8100 lbs.

Thanks

Mark

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im sorry

Did you just compare a small car to a full size SUV????

LOL

Power to weight ratio has a lot to do with that

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plus some electronic throttles feel slow to accelerate.

OP
OP
L

lobsterbake

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It must be the electronic throttle as there is a major delay. Cruze is much lighter but just feels like it wants to go. Yukon acts like the brakes are half on IMHO

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get it tuned and that delay will go away

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree that the throttle tip in is geared more toward fuel economy. But, it has plenty of power and acceleration in my opinion when you really get on it.

Another factor is how quiet it is. That makes it "feel" slower. I would recommend these trailer package for the 3.42 rear end if you are going to tow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kerrville15

Reaction score
These definitely have more giddy up than the previous models. Our new Yukon feels faster than our '07 with a tune. Like Stephen said, I think the quietness of these things fools you too.

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP is not the only one complaining about throttle tip in. It's a com one complaint.

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 15' XL feels faster than my 07' XL to me. Idk... it might just be in my head though