2016 Denali versus 2016 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy Wenzel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

Almost pulled the trigger on a new 2016 all black Denali. However, during the test drives everyone in the vehicle had ear pressure problems. This was the first the dealership heard about this... So I decided to pass on this vehicle.

Does the 2016 Suburban have the same known issues as the Denali? What am I missing on moving to a Suburban?

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Almost pulled the trigger on a new 2016 all black Denali. However, during the test drives everyone in the vehicle had ear pressure problems. This was the first the dealership heard about this... So I decided to pass on this vehicle.

Does the 2016 Suburban have the same known issues as the Denali? What am I missing on moving to a Suburban?

The Tahoe/suburban have a much bigger issue. Smaller engine and a 6 speed transmission! ;-)

But yes. They all have the potential to experience buffeting/pressure at lower speeds and vibration at 75+.

Test drive wisely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Andy Wenzel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Tahoe/suburban have a much bigger issue. Smaller engine and a 6 speed transmission! ;-)

But yes. They all have the potential to experience buffeting/pressure at lower speeds and vibration at 75+.

Test drive wisely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was afraid of that, I'll keep an eye out to see how the 2017's turn out.
Thank you

jj_nycguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine has the same issue only if you open the windows while driving. If you keep them closed there is no issue at all. I've never had a vibration issue at any highway speed.

minisoda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We rented a suburban this past week for a road trip. There was noticeable buffeting from 15-17 mph. It happened like clockwork, but luckily my wife never noticed it. If that's the only speed it happens at, it's no big deal. Now, if it happened consistently at a common cruising speed, that would be a whole different issue.

Zero issues at higher speeds and overall was EXTREMELY impressed with the suburban. It rode 100x better than my wife's Toyota Highlander which is on a car chassis.

My '16 Yukon Denali arrives this week. It came from CA and I did not test drive it, so fingers crossed on this end!

kaiserwillie

Reaction score
We rented a suburban this past week for a road trip. There was noticeable buffeting from 15-17 mph. It happened like clockwork, but luckily my wife never noticed it. If that's the only speed it happens at, it's no big deal. Now, if it happened consistently at a common cruising speed, that would be a whole different issue.

Zero issues at higher speeds and overall was EXTREMELY impressed with the suburban. It rode 100x better than my wife's Toyota Highlander which is on a car chassis.

My '16 Yukon Denali arrives this week. It came from CA and I did not test drive it, so fingers crossed on this end!

I hope it has no issues but these vehicles are known primarily for vibration at highway speeds and the ear pressure/buffeting issue. Without a test drive to detect these problems you could be facing multiple trips to your local dealer. I purchased My 2016 Yukon SLT from Laura GMC in St. Louis and I flew into town to sign the paperwork and to test drive the vehicle I was interested in. If any of the those known issues had been present I would have passed and tried another vehicle in stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CountryRoads