2016 Yukon - Trunk compartment - Black bag?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dbowl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello TYF,

Bit of an odd question here...

I bought the wife a 2016 Yukon last week. Purchased from an individual. After completing the paperwork we walk out to make sure he has all his stuff out of the truck. He lifts the compartment and there is a black bag. He says "thats for changing the spare" and closes the lid.

The next day I take the truck for a full detail. The people who detailed lost/stole/threw away my headphones that were in the car. Then I looked in that compartment and that black bag was gone too.

So the question is - what was in it? Is that black bag standard? is it something I need to change the tire if I have a flat? or is it in fact something the previous owner put in??

mfennema

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do your wheels have locks on one of the studs on each wheel? Could have been the tool to take off that lock.

Roughly what shape and size was the black bag? My cargo net has a black bag that is integrated with it and can zip all the next parts inside of it. It is long and skinny.

OP
OP
D

Dbowl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't think the wheels have any special lock. I had tires put on the day I bought it w/o a request for a key.

The bag wasn't too large as it fit in that compartment. My guess it was 10" long and 6" wide.

OP
OP
D

Dbowl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ohhh maybe?

Is that bag a draw string or zipper?

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zipper at the top I believe. Let me check to see if mine is in the trunk

DUBhSNr.jpg

The bag in my trunk was folded in 3, it’s the width of the car but folded it’s about the dimensions you listed. Was this it?

OP
OP
D

Dbowl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think so yes! it had strings on the side and very well could have had a zipper. thank you!!!!

I guess my next question should be:

Is everything to change a spare inside the cubbys in the back?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hello TYF,

Bit of an odd question here...

I bought the wife a 2016 Yukon last week. Purchased from an individual. After completing the paperwork we walk out to make sure he has all his stuff out of the truck. He lifts the compartment and there is a black bag. He says "thats for changing the spare" and closes the lid.

The next day I take the truck for a full detail. The people who detailed lost/stole/threw away my headphones that were in the car. Then I looked in that compartment and that black bag was gone too.

So the question is - what was in it? Is that black bag standard? is it something I need to change the tire if I have a flat? or is it in fact something the previous owner put in??
Why don't you go back and complain to the mgr/owner. Seems to be theft rather then being tossed out. Who throws out headphones?

OP
OP
D

Dbowl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why don't you go back and complain to the mgr/owner. Seems to be theft rather then being tossed out. Who throws out headphones?

Oh I did, I have a brand new set of head phones and 10 free washes.
I just didn't know what was in that bag. I was working on the information provided by the previous owner that it was for the spare. I wanted to ask here what was in it so I had what I needed if I had a flat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

Latest posts