2021 Tahoe/Clunking sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gman2890

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 2021 Tahoe Z71. It has about 8K miles. I recently brought it in for first service and tire rotation. Now I get this weird dull clunking sound from under the car. Its inconsistent, but appears to happen at low speed, under 20 MPH when slowing down. It does not appear to be coming from the brakes. Its coming from somewhere under the car. Very odd. Any thoughts? Thanks

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What @Big Mama said. I would be concerned with the lug nut tension. First services like that usually are done by "low man on the totem pole" people in the shop and the quality of that work may be lacking. Anything removed for LOF access? You should show a list of what was done and checked during that service

OP
OP
gman2890

gman2890

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I brought the car in today. They had the car for over an hour and then asked me to test drive the car with a mechanic. They said they can't duplicate it. Of course, when I drove with the tech the sound was gone. They said they checked everything and everything seemed normal and in order. I took the truck and now the sound does appear to be gone. I suspect that they did fin something loose or that they missed and didn't want to admit it. So I guess I'm nuts and was hearing things. I wish they would just admit if they made mistake. We'll see what happens.

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@gman2890 ours just started doing this too, seems when slowing, even just letting of the gas does it, and speed doesn't matter.

OP
OP
gman2890

gman2890

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Unfortunately the sound has retuned. I have to try to get it to the dealer when it is happening . It’s very annoying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
99tahoe46322