2022 Tahoe vs 2023 Sequoia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ATXDriver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Expedition Timberline looks interesting, but you can only get a green interior with that???
Yes, it only comes in green. I ordered one before I could see live shots of the interior…. It’s green green. If it came in black or grey I’d be getting it but now I have an at4 on order that will never come.

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the Sequoia quite a bit, and I love the reliability of my last 2 trucks, an 08 Tundra and a 14 Tundra.

However, I love the way the Tahoe looks, and I still miss my 04 Tahoe. It also has quite a bit more cargo area, which is a must for me, as I keep the 3rd row down and store a wheelchair in the back. I'm not even sure my wheelchair would fit behind the 2nd row in a Sequoia.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toyota went from IRS to a solid axle in the rear. Seems like a step backwards. Plus, can you get Auto 4WD on any version? Or is it just 2WD, 4WD hi/lo? Hell, my 2003 Envoy
had an Auto 4WD selection.....

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the new Sequoia have 'auto' four wheel drive as a diff choice? Without the open diff front to rear as an option it's a non starter for us (we seem to have 6 months of ice on the roads).
Sister in law has a couple year old Sequoia, it can't shift in 4wd at speed and no 'auto' choice.

Cabinetman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Toyota went from IRS to a solid axle in the rear. Seems like a step backwards. Plus, can you get Auto 4WD on any version? Or is it just 2WD, 4WD hi/lo? Hell, my 2003 Envoy
had an Auto 4WD selection.....
It is my understanding that full-time 4WD or auto 4WD is not available on any Sequoia or Tundra models. This was a no-go for me. I just traded a 2020 Tundra for a 2022 Z71 Tahoe. I found I really missed the auto 4WD of my previous vehicles. I do hope the Tahoe holds up as well as the Toyota.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That new sequoia is a pretty hot looking ride, gonna give gm and ford a run for their money. And Toyota has hands down the best looking color options these days. Some of the colors I see on tacomas and 4Runners are out of this world.

drmoose

Reaction score
That new sequoia is a pretty hot looking ride, gonna give gm and ford a run for their money. And Toyota has hands down the best looking color options these days. Some of the colors I see on tacomas and 4Runners are out of this world.
U dunno, I am not a fan of the interior, of the pics i have seen anyway.
And one of the main reasons I got this new platform as the 3rd row. The IRS makes that row much bigger which is a necessity for my family, along with a really good rear storage space. Also, I do think the AUTO 4wd (Auto 2 speed transfer case) is a huge plus. The Sequoia has a sold rear axle, and no full time/Auto 4wd. I would be interested potentially, - Toyota is very reliable - but it's a no go for (lack of) these features. However, I suspect it will have limited impact on US sales.

Seems like a missed opportunity to me?

Terry Telke

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My opinion, to each their own guys! The Tahoe wins on exterior looks and interior against sequoia. The Sequoia doesn’t even offer rear seat dvd/media. This dude in link says Sequoia wins on bigger front screen but I find a massive screen obnoxious. Of the big SUV’s I rank by looks Escalade #1 followed by Tahoe and Yukon then expedition. Had our 21 premier since last May and we love it, get a lot of compliments everywhere we go.
I have a GMC and pissed at GM for the Costly on-star $39.00 per month. The remote key fob remote start no longer works because i'm not paying the monthly FEE.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a GMC and pissed at GM for the Costly on-star $39.00 per month. The remote key fob remote start no longer works because i'm not paying the monthly FEE.
If you touch base with OnStar they might be able to bring that cost down.

Cabinetman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Toyota does the same thing. The remote start on my Tundra required I pay a yearly $100 subscription fee. This seems to be the way all the manufacturers are heading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
achurchman