2022 Wont start after remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svt1998gt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wonder of the freezing temps or when the heater is on could be a culprit. I didn't read through the entire thread to see if there is a trigger, but I have used the remote start plenty of times with no issue, yesterday was the first time I used in really cold temps, with my seat heaters connected.

svt1998gt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
See Post #103 of this thread, you need a BCM firmware update. You also need a BCM firmware update for the DRL recall, too, so; yes, go to the dealer, get the latest BCM code....(BCM = Body Control Module).
I got the BCM update for the DRLs, are you saying a seperate update is required for this?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder of the freezing temps or when the heater is on could be a culprit. I didn't read through the entire thread to see if there is a trigger, but I have used the remote start plenty of times with no issue, yesterday was the first time I used in really cold temps, with my seat heaters connected.
No, it was a communications issue between modules, with the fix being a software update to the BCM. People had this issue in the summer as well as cold weather (in hot weather, vehicle figures out to turn on the AC and ventilated seats if equipped).

The only info we are missing is how old @Amandaann's vehicle is (ie its build date), and whether or not the BCM has seen any updates since then.

Amandaann

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No, it was a communications issue between modules, with the fix being a software update to the BCM. People had this issue in the summer as well as cold weather (in hot weather, vehicle figures out to turn on the AC and ventilated seats if equipped).

The only info we are missing is how old @Amandaann's vehicle is (ie its build date), and whether or not the BCM has seen any updates since then.
Mine is a 2022, I bought it in October of 2022 and it just hit 2K miles. I’m not sure what its build date is.

Amandaann

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
See Post #103 of this thread, you need a BCM firmware update. You also need a BCM firmware update for the DRL recall, too, so; yes, go to the dealer, get the latest BCM code....(BCM = Body Control Module).
Thank you! I used to work in service for a dealer so I know a bit about recalls and what not but that was Toyota and it’s been a long time.

Definitely a bad time for our family for it to decide to happen!

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is a 2022, I bought it in October of 2022 and it just hit 2K miles. I’m not sure what its build date is.
Open the driver's door and down at the bottom of the B-Pillar you'll see a silver sticker. Just above the QR code is your build date.

Amandaann

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Open the driver's door and down at the bottom of the B-Pillar you'll see a silver sticker. Just above the QR code is your build date.
Ah I gotcha. I haven’t had a chance to check it but I know I haven’t had the BCM update for the RDLs yet.

pribilof

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just experienced this issue. Called my dealer with the TSB posted in post 103. They stated there is an update to this TSB posted January the 13th of 2023. PIT5873D is the new TSB. Says that they are still aware of the issue and that they are still looking for a permanent fix. As of this time, there is no fix to this issue.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just experienced this issue. Called my dealer with the TSB posted in post 103. They stated there is an update to this TSB posted January the 13th of 2023. PIT5873D is the new TSB. Says that they are still aware of the issue and that they are still looking for a permanent fix. As of this time, there is no fix to this issue.
Does your vehicle have the recall for the DRLs? If so, take it in for that and they'll update the BCM. The update for the remote start issue was also a BCM update so you'll get the latest and greatest BCM software when they update it for the DRL issue. I don't know that I've heard of anyone getting their BCM updated and continuing to have the remote start issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
58caddy