2024 Yukon Denali Diesel impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dolph

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m about 20,000 miles into the experience with this Yukon Denali - I wanted to share what I’ve found -

First, the radio is awful. No HD, and no plans to fix it.

Second, they moved the grab handle to a place that’s horribly inconvenient, above the front seats.

The ten speed transmission is indecisive, hunting its way to something that delivers mediocre performance.

The Car Play implementation is good, but it will sporadically drop the connection all together.

The diesel is really good.

SuperCruise is meh (it does not hold a candle to BlueCruise)

Overall, it’s a mediocre at best vehicle at a premium price tag.

If Ford really introduces a new Excursion, I’ll trade this piece of excrement in a heartbeat.

Overall, an awful experience. Good dealer. Great service department. Bad GM.

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2024 XL SLT diesel.

I agree, ford’s tech is better. My 2024 F150 Lariat has blue cruise but even without that, its lane keeping/centering technology is far superior.

I love my Yukon, but in addition to the above:
-driver seat position is awkward
-steering wheel is small and doesn’t come out far enough
-infotainment interface is kinda weird and a bit dated
-the temperature dial doesn’t do half degree changes so going from 22C to 23C is a noticeable temperature difference and I’m always having to switch the temperature back and forth. 22.5C would probably be the setting I’d default to
-fog lights always have to be manually turned on when the headlights turn automatically. I don’t ever remembering having to do this on any car that I’ve owned in the last 15 years. Why can’t the fog lights just stay on when headlights are on?
-no auto high beams
-no heated windshield
-no HUD

My F150 Lariat has all of the above (even my 2021 did except HUD).

The Yukon is a beautiful looking truck. Not sure I’d be prepared to bail on it just yet but the interior and tech definitely doesn’t match up to the price tag.

DontTaseMeBro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a hard time believing that Blue Cruise is better than Super Cruise. First time hearing someone say this. Most of the complaints sound like nitpicking. Compared to our previous ‘20 Expedition, our ‘22 Denali is heaps better. Better infotainment, better transmission programming, nicer interior etc. I get that for MY22, they got updated but each their own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timO