4l80e direct clutch feeplay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

blackbeard_lives

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Appreciate the views, man...So did you arrive at your clutch clearances in the fwd and direct drum following the process I show in the video or no?
edit: i found the problem, my case plug for the dual feed wasn't cut down quite short enough and holding up the center support. got the snap ring in and started working on the reverse pin length, but i've noticed once in a while my reverse band catches and seizes the rotating, most of the time it spins really free with the roller output bearing, but my reverse band is occasionally catching, not dragging at all normally. i think im gonna take it out and warm it up a bit with a electric heat gun and massage the reverse band into a little bit more outward sprung resting position if i can. below is my original post.

rear end play test came out to .007" not quite the .008 desired minimum but that's with only the th350 bearing and no spacers, however when i put in the reverse band and put the stack back in to the center support i couldn't get the stack back down far enough to get the snap ring in, weird since it was just fine before. gonna work on it more sunday, saturday is a junkyard trip. will disassemble and reassemble and try to get the stack back down far enough like it was when i tested it. thanks much for your time.

Attachments

• 1000008224.jpg
    1000008224.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
OP
OP
B

blackbeard_lives

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Appreciate the views, man...So did you arrive at your clutch clearances in the fwd and direct drum following the process I show in the video or no?
assembled the intermediate clutch, i have way too much room, ".140" so i added an old good condition steel ontop of the pressure plate between the snap ring and the thick pressure, this brought the clearance down to .40" pretty tight. I want to order an extra clutch and steel and have the pressure plate machined down to accept a 5 clutch intermediate build but i don't have money, get paid wednesday maybe i'll order then.

also i have a question about the extra vent drilled into the 3rd gear clutch, i wanted as small a hole as i could but small bits are short so the hole ended up being .077" is that too big?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LilithMoon