5.3 Tick/Knock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. Interested to see what you find. Take pics of where you tap into for the mechanical gauge, etc..... and not sure if your plan is to have a gauge permanently, if so, I'd definitely use this instead of the cheap plastic tubing that comes with the mechanical gauge

Will do! And right now I’m just doing a temporary test. I think I’m going to be tapping into where the sending unit usually goes.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah so about that oil pressure test, that’s not happening. Lost the adapter, it fell onto the bell housing then to god knows where. Should’ve tested it somewhere else. Just going to throw a sending unit on it and see what it reads on the cluster.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah so about that oil pressure test, that’s not happening. Lost the adapter, it fell onto the bell housing then to god knows where. Should’ve tested it somewhere else. Just going to throw a sending unit on it and see what it reads on the cluster.
Yeah so I ordered a new gauge set... Going to hook in near the oil pump behind the PS pump theres a plug. I put the new sending unit in and now it reads 20psi on cold idle. Either it lost more oil pressure or that new sender is DOA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMAK

Latest posts