6 12's or 4 15's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B0$$MAN

B0$$MAN

Boss of all Bosses
Reaction score
naw the impedance usually wouldn't drop at all it would go up some, plus box rise.
but if thats your current elec system you cant run a true 6000rms amp... need some more power.
since you already have 4. 2 more doesnt cost much...grab a good strong amp froom 5000-8000rms... get rid of the optimas for some real batteries like xs and maybe do a dual alt setup...

Ok thanks for the pointers. You've been a HUGE help!

Tahoeatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get in touch with dom or buy one of hits on ebay.
you have 240amp alt now. buy his kit for dual alts with a 300amp ($520) dont have to worry bout changing to kinetik or xs batteries and you have plenty of power to create the power you wanna make with out a big voltage drop.
nothing really wrong with optima's.. but once i had xs and kinetik i'd never buy another optima
Phone battery bout to die... no more responses from me til i get home tonight

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just curious about the 2 alt option, can you use one alt strictly for car functions and have the other alt strictly for your audio

Tahoeatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just curious about the 2 alt option, can you use one alt strictly for car functions and have the other alt strictly for your audio

both are running at the same time. it allows the amps to pull the power they need to create the desired power and still have more power left over. you dont usually have voltage issues with 2 or more alts either. my voltage when i had 1 240 amp alt would drop to 12v when playing really bassy songs. after i added a 300 with it it never dropped under 13.8, usually running at 14.6 or better
if we know our truck usually have 140amp alts... have over 400amps of power the truck is gonna get its power and the stereo is gonna get its power, no more need for caps and no more dimming lights and voltage drops

Rose-Villian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sound digital is complete garbage!! And I wouldn't go with dd either.... look into Sundown audio for amps or atomic or cactus.... and as far as woofers ide go 2 18's on a atomic 5000.1 or a Sundown 4500.1.... stiick to zenon based amps.... don't listen to your shop aswell.... there just lazy and are gonna screw you outa money.... PM me and let's talk.... go to the introduction section and look at all my builds.... you'll trust me then...

OP
OP
B0$$MAN

B0$$MAN

Boss of all Bosses
Reaction score
Sound digital is complete garbage!! And I wouldn't go with dd either.... look into Sundown audio for amps or atomic or cactus.... and as far as woofers ide go 2 18's on a atomic 5000.1 or a Sundown 4500.1.... stiick to zenon based amps.... don't listen to your shop aswell.... there just lazy and are gonna screw you outa money.... PM me and let's talk.... go to the introduction section and look at all my builds.... you'll trust me then...

Ya it just seems like they're lazy, which I don't know why cause it's not like i'm NOT going to pay for it. If anything they should love that it's going to take more work. More work/hours = more $$$.

And why stick to zenon based amps as opposed to others?

Tahoeatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score

LMFAO. you obviously never used soundigital amps.. they are FAR from garbage and actually WAY stronger than Sundowns amps not to mention a very small footprint and they do they're rated power at 12.6...unlike the the atomic, sundown, rd and others that use zenon boards. hell i had a warlord x5... zenon based board, huge, pulls a lot more than my sd does but the sd pushes way more power and much cleaner too. did i mention burped almost 2 db louder...i did like the spl dynamics zenon amps i tried though
i've had a sd8000 at .33ohm daily and it wouldnt even get warm... awesome for garbage ha LOL

now by no means am i downing either product. i know ppl that run sundowns, rd,atomic, digital designs lv2, stetsom,american bass vfl's etc...cactus isnt stuff you wanna run daily b/c their stuff is rather dirty imo

all the products mentioned are top notch, dont come on here tryin to knock them like they're some flea market stuff.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

o elvis, i saw what you plan on doing with the T3's..
soundstream 15k vs Soundigital sd16kd... soundigital will make more power ;)
i knew a few ppl that got rid of soundstream 6500's for lanzar opti6000's and said the opti's were pushing a lot more power. they benchmarked the soundstream 6500 with 4x4ohm resistive dummy load and only got 5100 watts out of it but the opti with the same dummy load (zenon board i believe) did 6239....
dont know if they made the 15k better but you might wanna look into that b/c the sd16kd will do all 16000rms and since your gonna run 4 alts and more than enought kinetiks you'd be straight with it

Rose-Villian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Warlord x5 is NOT xenon... old warlords were zenon.. and yes I have played with sound digital... we had the first 16k's built... and they feel like there built at the Fisher price build house... and there not reliable.... OP if you don't want to waste money then listen to me... this bafoon has no idea... I've played with many different build house amps and xenon has been the best yet... reliable take a lot of abuse and idiot proof...and the SS 15k is a rebaged CS 12k... the opti's aren't xenon either... the 6500's are garbage aswell... only reason I went with SS is I got them cheaper then most people pay for 2 sundown 3ks...

Last edited:

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boss, look at install...you have enough equipment to do very well, but a terrible box can really kill output.
4 12's is plenty if the box is right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamesmarkfarrer

Latest posts