6 12's or 4 15's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoeatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
brah by no means am i a rookie so dont even try to play me. ive be a part of car audio and db drags etc for 10 years.
im not into this internet bickering ****, im grown cuz
ive been running some ridiculous systems since i was 16 back in watts with 6 strokers 15s with 3 usamps...
while you feel Zenon boards are great i have a atomic 7000 that caught fire with 16v sitting in my garage and my brothers AB VFL 1000.1 is showing signs that its about to go out. he's gonna swap it out for a sd16kd so i can care less about a zenon based amp.

"this bafoon has no idea" well put your money where your mouth is cuz. make your way to atl or houston and come see bout me and my brother homie. lets see anything you do hold a candle to either of our trucks...
my fiance said lets get a new truck this weekend so this tahoe is about to be a project i can work on cuz im getting a 2010 denali this weekend
damn roseville kids.. LOL...yall still arent real. come down to compton ave (watts) in june. i'll be back home in cali for 2 weeks

think ima go see Johnathan this weekend and have him build me 4 custom 18inch tsns's. get one more teamsd 8000.1 since they they can be strapped and your gonna have a problem on your hands... LOL my brah runs 4 M15's right now with the AB vfl... all he gotta do is drop in the sd16kd, maybe 2 for the hell of it. this is gonna be fun.
whats the wager? shall we start at $2500 and make our way up to $5000???

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
geeze, go to a corner and measure them guys. OP needs help, not to see someone argue about what one believes is better equipment, etc.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIKE I stated, with 4 12's and the power you have Bo$$man, you can have a slammin system, but we need to get the box determined. You may NOT need to change gear at all...you can gain alot in install alone. I have connection in Chicago, where you may get some good guideance on enclosure

Last edited:
OP
OP
B0$$MAN

B0$$MAN

Boss of all Bosses
Reaction score
geeze, go to a corner and measure them guys. OP needs help, not to see someone argue about what one believes is better equipment, etc.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIKE I stated, with 4 12's and the power you have Bo$$man, you can have a slammin system, but we need to get the box determined. You may NOT need to change gear at all...you can gain alot in install alone. I have connection in Chicago, where you may get some good guideance on enclosure

My box has 1.8ish cubic feet per sub, ported, tuned to 33hz.
I will be upgrading my amp to a colossus so I have 1,000rms per sub (If I stay with these alpines).

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and you haven't hit x-max on the Type R's yet? I find that hard to believe because I used to bottom those things out on ~600 w per, in sealed enclosures.

If the sub is maxxed out on travel, more power gets you nothing but a broken sub.

Why not go to a different sub with more x-max?

OP
OP
B0$$MAN

B0$$MAN

Boss of all Bosses
Reaction score
and you haven't hit x-max on the Type R's yet? I find that hard to believe because I used to bottom those things out on ~600 w per, in sealed enclosures.

If the sub is maxxed out on travel, more power gets you nothing but a broken sub.

Why not go to a different sub with more x-max?

That's where the DD 9512's idea comes into play.

Tahoeatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's where the DD 9512's idea comes into play.

which is a GREAT idea.. pricey, but great...
you may even wanna go look at the audioque HDC12's...still apart of the Langford family. get the HDC12A's as they are a bit stronger and assembled in Oklahoma City at the DD warehouse vs the coppers are built in china but still handle everything you throw at them

Rose-Villian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
brah by no means am i a rookie so dont even try to play me. ive be a part of car audio and db drags etc for 10 years.
im not into this internet bickering ****, im grown cuz
ive been running some ridiculous systems since i was 16 back in watts with 6 strokers 15s with 3 usamps...
while you feel Zenon boards are great i have a atomic 7000 that caught fire with 16v sitting in my garage and my brothers AB VFL 1000.1 is showing signs that its about to go out. he's gonna swap it out for a sd16kd so i can care less about a zenon based amp.

"this bafoon has no idea" well put your money where your mouth is cuz. make your way to atl or houston and come see bout me and my brother homie. lets see anything you do hold a candle to either of our trucks...
my fiance said lets get a new truck this weekend so this tahoe is about to be a project i can work on cuz im getting a 2010 denali this weekend
damn roseville kids.. LOL...yall still arent real. come down to compton ave (watts) in june. i'll be back home in cali for 2 weeks

think ima go see Johnathan this weekend and have him build me 4 custom 18inch tsns's. get one more teamsd 8000.1 since they they can be strapped and your gonna have a problem on your hands... LOL my brah runs 4 M15's right now with the AB vfl... all he gotta do is drop in the sd16kd, maybe 2 for the hell of it. this is gonna be fun.
whats the wager? shall we start at $2500 and make our way up to $5000???

ethug2.jpg

lol... Damn I didnt Know e-Thuggin was Back in style...

wow 4 18" TSNS's been there Done that...lol A lill late kid...

Post pix of these Trucks mine wont hold a candle to..lmao!

Last edited:

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
what you got against roseville kids lmao?
nice generalization there for not wanting to bicker online

I'm pretty sure JD is going to laugh at you when you ask for 4 TSNS because he is going to package them up and ship them out here to Elvis

sundown for sure if you change amps
I've watched multiple SD's fry, on all kinds of setups, all amp malfunction and not user error

Tahoeatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
e-thug LOL thats cute.
naw homie, im a business man. bout to be 26 years old with 2 250+k houses, a condo in destin,fl, 2 trucks, 1 car, 1 zx12r and multiple business ventures with multi-million dollar inverters backing me,life is great. so naw no e-thugin LMFAO

roseville is wack simple as that. everyone ive ever met from roseville :Boo:
seeing that i live with in 20 minutes of jd and personally know him... im sure im getting my custom tsns's...or whatever i want. if i feel like putting ss xxx18's in there i will

Last edited:

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need to bicker and clutter his thread guys, take it to PM if you wanna continue.

BOSSMANN, ive always been a 15" guy, just like em for some reason. So that would be my recommendation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamesmarkfarrer

Latest posts