9,865 miles 4Wd services just come up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
humer101

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the line with GM people they just call me back, have case number and they will working with my dealer to resolve the problem i,m happy because if everyone do the same they will fix the problem much faster.

:hmmm2:

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Just finish with GM people and according with engineering department the vehicle is safe to run in auto even in dry conditions. if happens again the must escalated the case to you know where.

Let see what happens lol.\

Back to auto lol

:cheers:

dirt-diver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The problem is that it's STUCK in 4wd. Turning the knob back to 2wd does nothing. Very frustrating not to be able to use Auto or 4wd at all without fear of the GM service center being the only ones that can return it to 2wd.

The thought of this being user error is ridiculous. It has Auto, I want to use Auto from time to time. It should work in Auto. Period.

Last edited:
OP
OP
humer101

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem is that it's STUCK in 4wd. Turning the knob back to 2wd does nothing. Very frustrating not to be able to use Auto or 4wd at all without fear of the GM service center being the only ones that can return it to 2wd.

The thought of this being user error is ridiculous. It has Auto, I want to use Auto from time to time. It should work in Auto. Period.
Do not worry do not live the car in the dealer wait for they Will fix in 1 hour and is a software glitch very simple they are working on now.

DocHolliday

Reaction score
...These vehicles have a VERY good traction control system which the majority of people find adequate enough for rainy conditions and is actually good enough with several inches of snow on the ground so 4wd is rarely even needed unless you have 8" or more of fresh snow or you're going through mud...

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but these trucks did just come out this summer right? So how have the majority of people found that the traction control is plenty fine for most conditions less than 8'' of snow?

You continue to beat the drum that auto should only be used in certain conditions, in which case I would suggest there's no need for auto to have been an option. If what you assert is factual there should only be 2wd and 4wd...no auto at all. Further, the manual issues no warning or operating conditions for auto mode so I'm just not quite sure why you're so adamant that the issues that so many are having are our own fault.

HAARubicon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is back after about 3 weeks. We engaged auto yesterday during a rain storm and it has stuck in 4wd. What seems to be happening is: while in Auto4wd, if the system senses the need to engage 4wd, it is not going back to 2wd, thus an error. And because it is in 4wd, but the switch is set to Auto4wd, the computer is confused.

But what I don't get, is this the same system that is in the pickups. They have the same engine, transmission and transfer case. Are the trucks having the same problem.

This not user error, GM needs to figure this out.

OP
OP
humer101

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is back after about 3 weeks. We engaged auto yesterday during a rain storm and it has stuck in 4wd. What seems to be happening is: while in Auto4wd, if the system senses the need to engage 4wd, it is not going back to 2wd, thus an error. And because it is in 4wd, but the switch is set to Auto4wd, the computer is confused.

But what I don't get, is this the same system that is in the pickups. They have the same engine, transmission and transfer case. Are the trucks having the same problem.

This not user error, GM needs to figure this out.
I think is maybe the camera,that is the only thing the Silverado do not have.
It may is affect the transmission and transfer case.
e7c9ce88aa555c0a14bfe4e7c11712d5.jpg

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but these trucks did just come out this summer right? So how have the majority of people found that the traction control is plenty fine for most conditions less than 8'' of snow?

You continue to beat the drum that auto should only be used in certain conditions, in which case I would suggest there's no need for auto to have been an option. If what you assert is factual there should only be 2wd and 4wd...no auto at all. Further, the manual issues no warning or operating conditions for auto mode so I'm just not quite sure why you're so adamant that the issues that so many are having are our own fault.

+1

What is the point of having auto if you can't use it.

Mine just happened at 60 miles. That is unacceptable and no matter what anyone says should NOT be happening.

The vehicle gives me the service: 4WD error and it stuck on 4 auto. When I back up or turn at slow speeds at sharp angles, I can feel the traction of the 4wd forcing me to put gas on it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
humer101

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1

What is the point of having auto if you can't use it.
Originally Posted by Last Chance<br />
It would say "service 4wd" right after start up.
<br />
So I got it ,I have 300 + miles in 4wd already what I do is put it back in 2wd before turn the car off and when I start and take off return to 4wd and this way a have not problem for now, it work for me should work for you guys too.<br />
<br />
[emoji41]<br/>

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm confused by this thread

You know your T-case has a programming issue. And yet...you continue to use Auto 4WD. Why?

It eats more gas
It causes more wear and tear
It has a known problem that GM is trying to fix

Mind boggling to me. My wife and I survived for many moons without Auto 4x4. Whenever she needed the 4x4, she leaned over and flipped the lever/rotated the knob to 4x4. Then drove until not needed anymore. Then flipped it back into 4x2

I think you guys are placing way to much faith in a system. That leads to a false sense of security and empowerment. This leads to driving beyond your capabilites on the road. Which in turn leads to accidents and mistakes.

Auto 4x4 is a crutch you shouldn't utilize. It'll only get your into worse situations. I totally get the "keep the family safe" attitude. My wife hauls around my 4 rugrats all the time also (hence the 2015 model for her). But I'd rather she drive to the conditions vs. placing her faith in a mechanical system to enhance.

hope GM fixes the t-case issue for you guys

OP
OP
humer101

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm confused by this thread

You know your T-case has a programming issue. And yet...you continue to use Auto 4WD. Why?

It eats more gas
It causes more wear and tear
It has a known problem that GM is trying to fix

Mind boggling to me. My wife and I survived for many moons without Auto 4x4. Whenever she needed the 4x4, she leaned over and flipped the lever/rotated the knob to 4x4. Then drove until not needed anymore. Then flipped it back into 4x2

I think you guys are placing way to much faith in a system. That leads to a false sense of security and empowerment. This leads to driving beyond your capabilites on the road. Which in turn leads to accidents and mistakes.

Auto 4x4 is a crutch you shouldn't utilize. It'll only get your into worse situations. I totally get the "keep the family safe" attitude. My wife hauls around my 4 rugrats all the time also (hence the 2015 model for her). But I'd rather she drive to the conditions vs. placing her faith in a mechanical system to enhance.

hope GM fixes the t-case issue for you guys
My friend the reason every body use in auto is because we need to get this resolve now,not next year,winter is coming and is not funny.
If we go back to the dealer 100 times is fine and is the only way that GM will do something now not later.
I see you may don't know what is driving in the snow.
YouTube have a lot snow videos go watch and let me know how you feel if is you in this situation.
Do not get confused this is big real problem that everyone with 2015 car are facing.

Last edited: