AFM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2ndTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How can I tell if I am in 4 cyl mode? I never see any decrease in power. no indications on display? When does this kick in? Also, Where do I add my vehicle info, build codes etc.?

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can I tell if I am in Engine Half@$$ mode? No indications on display?
GM never wanted you or any riders to be able to physically notice. If you want to SEE it,
one of the buttons to the right of the shifter on the dash will change your IP display to show you.
I never see any decrease in power. When does this kick in?
It only kicks in when driving like a wuss and only needs enough power to cruise or decelerate.
Once accelerating, it's likely back to Full @$$ / V8 mode.
Also, it's only available in 4th, 5th, & 6th gears.

Which reminds me: If your Tahoe has a 4L60E, it dos not have Engine Half@$$ anyway.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On our '19 I can watch the tach and it will jump a couple hundred rpms when it goes in and out with the torque converter slipping to disguise the changes. Bottom right side of the DIC display will show it too on one of the screens.

OP
OP

2ndTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
GM never wanted you or any riders to be able to physically notice. If you want to SEE it,
one of the buttons to the right of the shifter on the dash will change your IP display to show you.

It only kicks in when driving like a wuss and only needs enough power to cruise or decelerate.
Once accelerating, it's likely back to Full @$$ / V8 mode.
Also, it's only available in 4th, 5th, & 6th gears.

Which reminds me: If your Tahoe has a 4L60E, it dos not have

OP
OP

2ndTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Never drive like a wuss :) and the cruise control doesn't work, I kind of drive like I stole it. Lost the copy of my RPO codes but I will post it when I find it which brings me to my other question about updating my profile with info of my new "07 ride, pix of my totaled 2004 and my 2007. I don't think I'll ever go further than a 2008 because I mostly like ANALOG cars like my 1998 Z71 Stepside. Thank you for your reply once again.
130000 and strong, all maintenance covered and being in the northeast with less snow the frame is not rotted out as bad as my '98.
thanks again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty Crusty