And another new member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 2001 Tahoe 5.3 LT about 3 months ago. First 600 miles weren't so great, first my fuel pump broke down and few days later rear suspension air compressor went (luckily the dealer fixed these on their cost). Now the Hoe has been working like an angel for 3000 miles and I'm loving it every day more and more :laughing1:

The Hoe has about 130k miles. It's European spec LT with almost all options (excluding 3rd row seats).

I have already installed dvd with overhead display for rear seats and 7" display mounted on center console under CD-player:
DSC03416.JPG

DSC03418.JPG

Also did 50% tints for front door windows (50% because it's illegal to have any kind of tints on front windows here in Finland, I would have loved 20% or 15" in front)

Bought 22" wheels for summer use (295/45R22 General Grabber UHP tires arrived today, didn't have time to mount them on the wheels yet). Although I won't be needing summer tires for few months... We have 40" of snow and temperature outside is from -10F to 15F.
hoe_22.JPG

Both front fog lights were broken as I bought the Hoe. I had 2006 Silverado's fog lights sitting in my shelf, so installed them and swapped OEM 37W 9140 bulbs with 60W HB4 bulbs. I also did 4-HI mod and installed 5000K HID's on driving lights (I think I'll try yellow 3000K HID's someday soon, they look pretty sick!)
hoe.JPG

I reprogrammed BCM with domestic-spec Tahoe software to enable DRL's.

About a month ago I was with my friends at my summer house near Russian border. As we had "few" beers at and after the Sauna, we got afraid that Russians will attack, so we had to camoflauge the Hoe incase of the worst:
IMG_9715_res.JPG

Few more pics:
IMG_9755_res.JPG

IMG_9772_res.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
amaz

amaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed the door moldings and badges today. It was nice to notice that the right rear door was previously painted and when I removed the molding, paint peeled off... :(

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
I have the same thing with mine. You can see a line of clear coat right? Im gonna try wet sanding it to level the coats out. Ill let ya know how it goes.

OP
OP
amaz

amaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same thing with mine. You can see a line of clear coat right? Im gonna try wet sanding it to level the coats out. Ill let ya know how it goes.

Yea, I can see line of clear coat. I have a friend working at a bodyshop who promised me to repaint the door next week and once the car is there, I'll get left rear fender and hood repainted also...

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! good truck to start on. Welcome aboard!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy