average fuel economy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donut slayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually if I am taking it fairly easy i just keep it below 2k rpm. But I agree highway on ramps are fun.

Thats how I got my best MPG, keep it under 2k rpms. Drive it like you have a egg between your foot and the skinny pedal.

oh1yukonslt

Wikitsikone
Reaction score
Buddy has the 8.1 in and 01 2500 and he has it tuned and most of the same mods as me and he gets 14 all the time no matter how he drives it.

Yeah I need to get a tune on her. If I got 14 all the time I would be happy with that. And do some mods. Wanting a better exhaust and intake but I was told more/better air flow means more fuel consumption and more HP. Hp is fine for me it will break the tires loose just by punching the pedal at a stand still. (Was pissed at my boss and took it out on my pedal) What kind of tune does he have? Wanting to get a Blackbear one day soon.

jbancs

Reaction score
I just bought my tahoe and I've gotten roughly 14 on all three tanks I've run so far. I'm doing mainly city driving.

SnowBuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2005 Yukon XL SLT. Solid 19mpg highway (drive MD-to-Jersey thru DE weekly). Set cruise on 60mph and don't touch it. Set a record 22 once. Better mileage then my Cherokee and a heckofa lot more comfortable! Stop & go city - another story.

mattluttrell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting 11.2 hauling this beast. I'm happy.
9ugehare.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pnut