awd 6" drop, now I got a vibration outback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xjayx

Reaction score
So I got Tonys 6" springs the DJM relocation kit and now I have some vibrations. I got some adjustable lower trailing arms to play with the rear end angles. I shimmed the trans up about 3/4" and that seemed to help the most. No matter how I setup the rear end I seem to always have at least a slight vibration while accelerating around 60-70. While coasting or under deceleration its fine. I made the trans angle and the reared angle almost the same didn't fix it, I gave the reared -3 degrees pinion angle to the driveshaft didn't fix it. No matter how I set it up theres always a slight vibration. Anyone have any experience with this? Or ever cure this problem? Oh its on a 2014 escalade awd truck looks sick slammed just want to fix this vibration.

Thanks

Jay

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Heres before,
IMG_1678_zpsb2688b3d.jpg

And after,
IMG_1681_zpsfad91402.jpg

Last edited:

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know what to tell ya to look for but, it looks damn good.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
rear spohn bar kit. Make the pinion angle to -2 degrees so when you get on it will be at 0 about.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
mill struts 15 bucks for each groove
camber kit 80 bucks
rear springs 225 bucks

rear hardware kit 190 bucks

4rs fed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
mill struts 15 bucks for each groove
camber kit 80 bucks
rear springs 225 bucks

rear hardware kit 190 bucks

Will the air ride still work?
Will the air bags that we put in the springs still work with the new springs?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
airride works mine still does. rear springs still use the same bags

OP
OP
X

xjayx

Reaction score
I set the pinion angle to the same angle as the transfer case and the vibrations almost completely gone. Since I can't use adjustable upper arms because of the auto ride I'm going to relocate the mounting holes on the rear end for the upper arm so I can extend my lower bars more to center the wheel. Hopefully this works. My 2010 yukon had the exact same drop and no vibration at all but it was a 2wd I guess my escalade being awd is throwing the angles off.

Jay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Virgorabit

Latest posts