BB Tune Complete!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
So I just got the tune files back from Justin and installed the tune setting that I wanted on my tahoe. Well, one hell of a difference! On my stock settings, when it was full throttle, it would shift about 5500 rpms for the first 2 gears and 5000 rpms for the third and then into fourth. Not sure about the 0-60 time, but it was slow.

Now with the tune, it shifts around 4000 rpms for first and second gear. I haven't had a change to get it wide open and more top end but it goes from 0-60 one hell of a lot faster than before.

I will update everyone with more info in the next day or two. So far, the new CAI, the new muffler, and the new bb tune has been soooo worth it.

I just want to thank everyone on here who has helped me and answered my questions.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Get ready for horrible gas milage from the lead foot!

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Did you get sport tune? The one that turns the tow button into all balls out mode?

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
@sumo: ?? Yes, I got the sport tune, That is the one that I installed today. If I press the tow button off, It will perform better?? Is that what you are saying?

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt say the tow haul button means balls out mode. I have it and I think all they are able to do is change the shift points when you press that tow/haul button. I dont notice too much difference when using it.

Canuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to send my pcm in the next couple weeks, i got the list of stuff to check off, as for shift points which option did you choose and which octane?

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
I was unsure of what options there were, I told him that I was used to what standard programmers offer. Justin gave me an 87 octane and a 91 octane, a tow package, and a sport package.

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Your gonna love it, I'm getting on the highway today and gonna see what this thing can do!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OBSalsoNNBS