Ben's Tahoe LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the pics, looks like something is missing tho which is kinda why i wanna get the gm performance parts intake, how much did you pay for that intake again?

Technically compared to the GM performance one, there is something missing... the chrome plated cover that covers the air filter box. Also, the GM one is some a polished metal versus the plastic intake tubes they make which stay cooler and theoretically able to produce more gains (hp/torque)... So yea the metal one is shiny and looks cooler but I Was going for functionality.

Also the intake air filter/heat shield part on Summit's website is 200 and the tube (M.I.T.) is 120 separately. You can buy the whole kit from several places online for around ~300.

After searching online, I found the tube separately for $99 and found the matching CAI filter/Heat shield on eBay brand new that is usually 200+ (still is on Summit) for 70 shipped... so I paid 170 total versus the 300+ that all the online stores are charging...

The K&N 63-3058 is on amazon for $221 which is basically the same thing... was about to get that until I found the amazing deal on eBay. Volants 15253 air filter box cover is sick but not worth 350+ for essentially the same thing and ALL being covered by a HOOD!

OP
OP
Ben

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After finally getting my move from Florida done and settling into my new house I'm ready to start modding again. Next up I think are LED tails (Still need to decide if I just want to go standard led or go esky tails and esky vent caps), esky roof rack and some nice 20's or 22's. I have an idea for door handles that hasnt ever been done before that might turn out sweet. I want to find a 2010+ esky bumper but thats going to have to be at the right price.

OP
OP
Ben

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain the difference between the g3 and g4 tails? Also if I purchase the esky vent caps and go with the g5's do they come black or do they need to be painted?

OP
OP
Ben

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I moved from Panama City Beach to Oklahoma City.... I miss it.

OP
OP
Ben

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just miss the beach. Have lived in Florida for over half my life. Anyways Can you answer any of those questions about the LED tails and Vent covers?

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure they only come black ABS plastic from dealer.

OP
OP
Ben

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So should I get g3's g4's or spend the $$$ on the g5's