Best CAI for 5.3L?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
This is true. But I think it is oiled for a reason. That oil helps to stop throttle body sticking that may lead to rough idles.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

My filter had a small amount of oil out of the package. It was just about as much as I put on every year when I clean it.
I don't have an actual intake though, just the Jr. kit which includes a intake tube and K&N oiled filter. I have been using the filter for almost 3.4 years now.

Throttle bodys get gunky regardless of what type of filter you use.

The K&N drop in I bought new for my wife's car was so oily that it was all over the plastic bag it came in, and had some extra oil collected at the bottom. We did have some issues with a oiled maf. Once I got the filter cleaned and lightly oiled all was okay.

Last edited:

SeanEboy

Reaction score
Volant.. I paid $242 for it off ebay.. Got it within the week, took about an hour to install. Typically I get 400 miles to a tank of fuel.. I'm at a half tank, and I swear I'm at 280 miles.. No other changes, perhaps maybe about 15 extra miles on the highway than usual.. other than that, I have no idea why I'm getting such great mpg so far. 80 miles over, with my stock '99 5.7l. Gibson single exhaust.

phattyford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a volant powercore on my hoe. it was the first thing i ever got for it. i love it. not too loud that you feel like you're driving a honda but if you get on the gas you definitely know its there. the best thing about it is that its totally maintenance free!

lx4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the GM air intake and it sounds nice when you get on it, but overall not really seeing any big improvements.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question....... If I just put the AirAid Jr. Tube only in it would it set a SES/CEL light?

RoliO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the GM air intake and it sounds nice when you get on it, but overall not really seeing any big improvements.

Hmmm, not really what I wanted to hear since I just bought a new GM intake to. I guess for $160 I shouldn't complain though. :D

bmwme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have install instruction for the GM Performance Intake they could scan and email to me? I just bought one off ebay for only 200 bucks but no instructions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkmarius