Best CAI for 5.3L?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What IS truly impressive about this intake is the SOUND. It makes my Tahoe growl, a deep and aggressive growl can be heard coming from under the hood. .

Agreed. I drove all day yesterday with the radio down so I could listen to it!

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the Airaid M.I.T. on my Tahoe and then put the stock intake back on the next day because of the sound. I have the Corsa Touring Exhaust which has a low rumble at moderate acceleration and a louder roar with hard acceleration. I couldn't hear the sweet sound of the Corsa exhaust due to the roar from under the hood.

I'm not saying don't put a CAI on but something to consider depending on what exhaust you have and the sound you would rather hear.

NautiKev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any thoughts on the cai inc intake?

From the looks of it, it's top notch on quality! I'm interested to see the tests from Black Bear.

I just installed my aFe SI2 dry filter and I love it! I actually notice a decent difference especially towing my boat.

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too would love to hear some feedback on this product. It is probably a little more spendy than others but it looks very well made and wouldnt mind spending the extra cash if it was worth it.

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Also kevin do you know how you would go about cleaning your dry filter intake? I would rather buy a dry filter instead of a wet, i hate cleaning my K&N's on our quads and am always afraid of over oiling especially in a vehicle with so many electronics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate