Best day of my life (so far)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
good god you've had alot of cars, hope you didn't put much money into each lol.

OP
OP
amaz

amaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New car is always waste of money, had few of them in past years... But mostly used ones.

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
8 vehichles in 09, is like 1 every month - month and a week lol.

jdpromo33

Proud Tahoe Owner
Reaction score
With that amount of cars you should apply and get a dealers license. That means you can buy cars at wholesale prices and have a very useful set of dealer plates.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Damn that sucks dude I'm gonna rebuild my diffs at some point, nice to get a break on the parts tho. Check craigslist for a used 4L65E or even a good shop that can beef it up for cheap.

OP
OP
amaz

amaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work for a local GM dealer, so I think I'll get the tranny rebuild with very reasonable price... still it's not gonna be cheap...

JD: I don't think that we have this thing called "dealer license" or "dealer plates" except for tax-free vehicles here in Finland. And I'm not trading/selling vehicles except for fun :D

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Buy the front axle parts from randys ring and pinion, way cheaper and 1/2 the price. I'm rebuilding mine for $300, doing the labor myself. Rear is $600 with a trutrac, royal purple in both diffs. Just cuz you work for the dealer doesn't mean they're cheap. Oh and be sure to buy the 5 pinion planetaries for your trans, that is the main reason the vette/denali/escalade trannies hold up better.

str8wkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dam and I thought I had it bad I'll have a bottle of the hard juice for ya.

OP
OP
amaz

amaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SAM_0198_res.JPG

I was planning to remove front diff and transmission tomorrow after work. That in mind went shopping today. Now I have master kit with 7-clutch high friction plates (Raybestos or so), corvette servo kit, 5-pinion rear planetary, high friction band and some gaskets etc.
Tomorrow I should also get parts for front diff (seals, bearings etc). So, it's gonna be a long weekend...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy