Bilstein HD or Comfort Series Shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eleventhgm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hds

i went with the hds.i went from oem comfort bilstiens with 130,000 on them and dont think the hds are tooth rattling and do a lot of nyc driving and no real off roading though the truck does seem to handle better so i like em.and the ones i took out still had life left in them.

Attachments

• pop.jpg
    pop.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 21

WalterMitty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went with the hds.i went from oem comfort bilstiens with 130,000 on them and dont think the hds are tooth rattling and do a lot of nyc driving and no real off roading though the truck does seem to handle better so i like em.and the ones i took out still had life left in them.

The stock shocks I took out of mine were the smaller diameter black shocks like in your picture. I replaced mine because one had started leaking and I'm one of those strange birds that wants everything to match if I'm upgrading.

I think the HD's are great, but I'm learning to enjoy my comfort in my old age. No stiff shocks or heavy duty springs for me, I'll use all of the suspension travel and slow down if I start bottoming out (although I almost never have to).

OP
OP
Brewcity

Brewcity

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Great! Thanks for the advice!

FFhauler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am also needing new shocks and I see from the Bilstein catalog that two different rear shocks are listed for the 2 door vs the 4 door (24-025027 vs 24-021791.) Does anyone know the difference between the two -- is it just different valving since the 4 door is heavier in the rear?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diablo1970